The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello.

Guest jotter 22

Guest jotter 22

Just joined to weigh up the pros and cons of ownership...Listen to what problems seem to be regular and to see if there is any reasons why i should not buy my first supra also looking into skylines and imprezas but the supra has always been a firm favourite

thanks for any input.

Tony.

The only headaches that Supras are mainly known for are how expensive the parts are. But really, you have to expect that on both an old and high performance car.

Otherwise the car is incredibly reliable with a very strong block. I'd chose a Supra over a skyline or a impreza anyday. :) That's not to say I wouldn't want a Skyline (an impreza is another story), but I reckon the Supra holds the champion title on the cons and pros.

Welcome to the club. :)

Guest jotter 22

Thanks Attero just got rid of a jap import car after 4 years ownership and as i have a company car personal use is very limited just dont want to get in to anything that needs a rebuild or major work every 6 months just want somthing to look good and start when you need it too.

Tony.

Oh god no! You have nothing to worry about when it comes to rebuilding. :) These blocks are so strong, if you don't start doing major work (i.e. single turbo), then you have reliability in your hands right there. :)

As long as you don't mind 18mpg, you'll be pleasantly surprised. :)

Guest jotter 22

I have just got rid of a Vtec prelude auto that was only doing about 18mpg driven spiritedly so like i said probably only looking at about 1-2k a year at most with company motor to use.

And Havard like your style wanna know my budget before you say hello :Þ

Around 7k but got a few brownie points to get first.

Tony.