The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone used KW Auto parts Seat rails?

ManwithSupra

Just been reading another thread about seat rails for the Supra, and came across a link to a company in New Zealand that sells a Rail kit for the Supra. These rails are compatible with Recaro, Sparco, Momo, Bride, Sabelt, Cobra, Racetech, Racepro Seats.

http://www.nzkw.com/productDetails.php?id=42&c=30

Now they list these at $125 NZD per rail kit and $65 NZD for shipping to Europe making the total for two seats £150 delivered (+ any customs charge)

The bride rails are at least £230 each !!

Whats the difference between these and has anyone had any experiance of these KW rails?

The only thing that may be the difference is that these look like they are not sliding rails (which is fine)

Edited by ManwithSupra (see edit history)

I was looking on RHD japan myself and seen some Zep Racing rails ; Nagista; Jurgen said he can get the Recaro Rails but 350-400 Puond :(; I also tried the Yahoo Auctions via Nengun and didnt see anything; I did find the Juran Racing Rails somewhere though

http://www.rhdjapan.com/toyota/jza80-supra/seat-rails

I was talking to a guy on SupraForums from New Zealand; he didnt sound impressed by them; he also said:

"There are heaps of japanese aftermarket companies that make direct bolt up recaro rails for supras

I just got a set of Juran Racing rails for mine which fit mint and very well made

I also have recaros in my daily drive hilux mounted on Dragon rails which are also high quality and a perfect fit, and the recaros in my AE86 and Altezza are on genuine recaro rails(well made under license by a japanese company called blimpco or some funny name like that and yes i have recaros in every car i own lol) Thats just 3 companys that make rails you will find more if you search on yahoo auctions japan etc "

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=606513

Edited by Jellybean (see edit history)

RHDJapan for one Zep Racing Recaro Rail it is 246 Euro delivered to Ireland, so not cheap

Juran Racing

http://www.tanida-web.co.jp/

I Think it is ridicolous the price of seat rails, a cheaper option has to be there but Safe; even 2nd hand Recaro Supra rails must be in abundance in Japan , crazy they are so hard to find

The Evo 7 Seats are costing me 350-400 euro for the set, if it is another 500 euro for rails ; not happening. Will hold out and get new Brides in leather with new Bride Rails for 1800 euro off RhdJapan delivered

Edited by Jellybean (see edit history)

Ok got a reply to my email ..

"We currently only have the JZA80 mounts available in Right hand side, and we will have the left side mounts available late this month. The seat sub frames are fixed mounts which bolts directly to the stock mounting holes, if you need move the seat, you have to buy sliders to go between the seat and sub frame but most don’t bother and have them fixed"

I said that i would only be interested once the right hand side rails becomes available to which he said he will let me know.

I think it would be worth me ordering them once the right hand side becomes available and then see what the fitment is actually like, even if they turn out to be not so good at that price you can’t ignore it and I will post the details on here once i get them.... right... now i need some Corbeau Sprint seats.... :D

Ok got a reply to my email ..

"We currently only have the JZA80 mounts available in Right hand side, and we will have the left side mounts available late this month. The seat sub frames are fixed mounts which bolts directly to the stock mounting holes, if you need move the seat, you have to buy sliders to go between the seat and sub frame but most don’t bother and have them fixed"

I said that i would only be interested once the right hand side rails becomes available to which he said he will let me know.

I think it would be worth me ordering them once the right hand side becomes available and then see what the fitment is actually like, even if they turn out to be not so good at that price you can’t ignore it and I will post the details on here once i get them.... right... now i need some Corbeau Sprint seats.... :D

Sounds good keep us posted, Even order just the right hand side and see what they are like

If you are in contact with him again, say you have a few Supra owners interested. He might get his finger out and get the Left side mount Fabricated

Sounds good keep us posted, Even order just the right hand side and see what they are like

If you are in contact with him again, say you have a few Supra owners interested. He might get his finger out and get the Left side mount Fabricated

Already done mate :) Just waiting for a reply from him.

If they are good to use then I will try and negotiate a group buy too.

Only reason I want to wait for both to be available is to save on shipping really, I dont want to spend more than i have to on something like shipping.

• 3 weeks later...

just an update :) I purchased Kw auto rails for £85 delivered. They came yesterday, they fit perfectly :) although i prefer a laid back seating position and had to modify the subframe with a couple of new mounting holes to sit the seat further back. My recaro bolted straight up and its awesome.

Seating position is around 2 inches lower than stock. I'm going to order the sliding rails from kw i think for a little more adjustment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Upon fitting my Corbeau Pro series Seats today here is my verdict on the KW rails :D

Upon delivery of these rails I noticed that they did not come with any side seat mounting hardware (L brackets), or indeed any bolts for things like attaching the seatbelt buckle. So you will need to source these yourself so bear in mind that this will equate to an extra £200 on top (depending on manufacture).

Apart from that, the fitment was very good, all holes bang on and no real struggling fitting them to the floor mounts at all :D

It was too dark for pictures so I will take some tomorrow after I have given her a long awaited wash :D

So my verdict. Good price for Rails if you have bottom mounted seats (£185 Delivered)

If you have side mounted seats like mine then expect to pay another £200 (say £380-400 in total inc rails) in mounting and hardware parts.

All in all I am happy :)

IMAG0309.jpg

IMAG0310.jpg

IMAG0329.jpg

• 1 year later...