The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Baldy's Arch Rolling - and thanks.

Smallshinyant

First of all sorry for the delay at Posting this Baldy, and thanks again for all your work.

So recently got myself some beautiful wheels of a fellow member, which really suit the car. But with the offset and the tyres I put on they were catching the arches pretty badly. A few pm's later, the solution was found and I arranged to take my car(very carefully) to Baldy in Crawley.

First thing of note, is that rolling the arches does not take long at all.

Second thing of note, is that when you get new wheels put on your car, take it to somewhere that has an understanding of car wheels.

So I get the car to "Autobody Solutions", and Baldy starts to take the wheel nuts off. Seems we have a problem. Some of the wheel nuts would not more. It seems that the place I had the wheels put on did not know that they should put some type of copper slip on the nuts(I had no idea this should be done either so I never asked/checked). So very carefully and slowly and with the use of plenty of lube Baldy managed to get the nuts off. unfortunately it seemed that the damage had been done. It seems some of the wheels studs have been damaged. Baldy did his best to re-tap the bolts and studs, but some where to far gone.

Anyway forget that as I have new studs on order and need new discs all around so they will get sorted soon.

As for the arches, the job involved attaching one of these.

And very carefully, roll, adjust, roll, adjust.... until you get left with

Thankfully the paint handled all this pretty well, and Baldy touched it up with a very fine brush so there is next to no visible sign. Again top work.

Couple of pics of the damaged studs

And now the car. p.s. Boot polish on black plastic seems to work nicely :)

before polish.