The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Looking for Supra n/a or TT

Guest Dazray

Hi all,

I hope im not posting in the wrong place (Sorry if so).

I am hoping i could have a little help or advice. I am in the process of looking for a nice supra, N/A or TT. I have looked at some dealers with no luck.

My budget is 4.2K + a car to sell (astra Bertone 1.8i), hence been looking round dealers. Im getting a little impatient and i am seriously considering selling my car at a dealer for a cash deal to top up my 4.2K budget.

Does anyone know of any decent dealers i can P/X for a supra or any well looked after supra's that are about to come up for sale ?

Thank you for your time in reading this post

Darren

Welcome to the club Darren, yes you've posted in the correct section for general Supra questions :thumbs:

Have a look in the classifieds section on the forum, also check pistonheads.com and Ebay. You may also want to contact Jurgen who is a club trader and has a very good reputation for importing and supplying quality cars.

Post details of any cars you are interested in so we can them a once over.

Oooooo not thought about an aerotop, what are they like ? I have seen 2 supra's at boyztoyz website im going to view tomorrow, about 80 miles away but im prepared to travel to find a good one. Its a black n/a 3495 and a silver n/a 4995.

Problem is that is putting me off is that there 2 x black supra aerotop on there and they look as if its the same car and the rear lights look different from the left side to the right, is this normal ?

But i have checked out your link Havard and it does look nice, thanks for link. Going to look some more at it.

Thank you Nic for offering to look at some posts of links for me, really appreciate it :)

Edited by Dazray (see edit history)

Hey man where abouts in the West Mids are you from?

I don't think you'd afford a TT with your budget and you ought to decide what the want the car for. An N/A if you just want a Supra or a TT if you want a Supra + POOOWERRR!

I've not bought one yet but will be getting a TT6 (hopefully BPU'd) in the coming months :)

Oh and welcome!

Hi Josh, Im from Tamworth. I only do about 3k miles a year so not really worried about which i choose. A dealer has offered me 2.2k for my car so it pushes my budget to 6.4k, but there are few TT's at that range.

But i so like the look of a Supra where i will settle for a N/A if its a decent one.

Where abouts you from Josh

Oooooo not thought about an aerotop, what are they like ? I have seen 2 supra's at boyztoyz website im going to view tomorrow, about 80 miles away but im prepared to travel to find a good one. Its a black n/a 3495 and a silver n/a 4995.

Problem is that is putting me off is that there 2 x black supra aerotop on there and they look as if its the same car and the rear lights look different from the left side to the right, is this normal ?

Be careful when buying, there are a lot of overpriced dogs out there from less than reputable traders.

Have a good look through the for sale section on here as you have a better chance of getting a good car from a member.

H.

Thank you so much Havard, im gonna get me a 4 pack and browse through the classifieds. Kinda looking forward to the browsing.

It gets a little frustrating when you have the money waiting, but just cant find anything.

Darren

Thank you so much Havard, im gonna get me a 4 pack and browse through the classifieds. Kinda looking forward to the browsing.

It gets a little frustrating when you have the money waiting, but just cant find anything.

Darren

I looked for 6 months waiting for the right car.....;)

Hi Josh, Im from Tamworth. I only do about 3k miles a year so not really worried about which i choose. A dealer has offered me 2.2k for my car so it pushes my budget to 6.4k, but there are few TT's at that range.

But i so like the look of a Supra where i will settle for a N/A if its a decent one.

Where abouts you from Josh

Hey I'm from Halesowen so not that far from you.

I'd say pay the £10 yearly membership fee so you can post in the for sale sections.

If you're not too bothered about the power then I'd go for a very good N/A rather than settle for a cheap TT.

Good luck with your purchase :)

But i have checked out your link Havard and it does look nice, thanks for link. Going to look some more at it.

Thank you Nic for offering to look at some posts of links for me, really appreciate it :)

Dont go!!!!

I checked out some of the supras with them, and they made me meet them in a car park????? :rolleyes:

I traveled all the way up from Portsmouth and the 2 I looked at were, 1 black aero and a silver NA auto. Both were 5K and were in dreadful condition, the pictures glorified them......also they seemed a tad dodgey and I doubt the warrenty they were going to offer me would be worth the paper its written on.

Id buy private (or from this site) if possible. Its better to wait and find one you fall in love with as opposed to rush it.

On the aero front: I have one and love it!!!

Welcome to the forum and good luck with the hunt!! :search:

Thanks Paul for advice :)

I did think it was odd how i had to pick the supra's out to look at rather than letting me have a look at all the supra's they had.

I had a look at platinum autos as well, got the same vibe from there, so think i will be looking private. Thanks again

Hey Foggy, nice car you got for sale there mate, just looking through classifieds at moment :)

Darren

Dont go!!!!

I checked out some of the supras with them, and they made me meet them in a car park????? :rolleyes:

I traveled all the way up from Portsmouth and the 2 I looked at were, 1 black aero and a silver NA auto. Both were 5K and were in dreadful condition, the pictures glorified them......also they seemed a tad dodgey and I doubt the warrenty they were going to offer me would be worth the paper its written on.

Id buy private (or from this site) if possible. Its better to wait and find one you fall in love with as opposed to rush it.

On the aero front: I have one and love it!!!

Welcome to the forum and good luck with the hunt!! :search:

I was trying to be a little more subtle and not get the club sued....;)

You won't find a better condition aerotop for as cheap as foggy's.

Buy it, its one of the newest aerotops around! then stick a TT lump in it in a years time once you love it :D

Buy it!!

Seconded, it does look nice from the pics and videos in the for sake thread :)