The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fitting EVO 7 Seats

Jellybean

LOL I just thought of the same thing!!!

Bride rails from Whifbitz is how I'm gonna go.

Was just searching the Forum and nobody is certain what rails will suit (Bride)

I see a company in NewZeland has some

http://www.nzkw.com/productDetails.php?id=42&c=30

Wonder if the EvoSeats will just bolt to the seat mount and we can retain the Sliders :)

Edited by Jellybean (see edit history)

What Are my options, is it possible to use OEM Rails?

Surely somebody has Done this?

Ive got Evo8 ones, had to cut the 4 corners of my OEM and use them to fit.

Its hell of a job when you dont have the right tools as the bloody OEM seats have such strong frame!

Anyway that way I saved weight over the stock seats and after market subframes too :D

Its hell of a job when you dont have the right tools as the bloody OEM seats have such strong frame!

Anyway that way I saved weight over the stock seats and after market subframes too :D

Cool, so when you say you cut the four Corners; did you then need to re-weld anything

Why did you need to cut the Cornors? Sorry just trying to figure out what is involved

Cool, so when you say you cut the four Corners; did you then need to re-weld anything

Why did you need to cut the Cornors? Sorry just trying to figure out what is involved

I havent welded them yet for 2 reasons

1- that will be in the future when I get my hand on welding tools :)

2- you need to adjust the angles 1000000's of times to come close to the supra floor holes :D

I drilled a hole in each and bolted them together for now!

this way you get the chance to adjust them and once they fit in properly tighten the bolts and all done!

Ive covered about 2000 miles since the car is back on the road and to be honest its holding perfectly with only those B&Q bolt and nuts I used.

You can then even use the OEM plastic covers you have on each leg of the OEM seat frame to cover those corners too.

tbh the result is 100% what I was looking for and im well pleased with it, but its not an easy job unless you have every tools its needed to cut the frame etc

I havent welded them yet for 2 reasons

1- that will be in the future when I get my hand on welding tools :)

2- you need to adjust the angles 1000000's of times to come close to the supra floor holes :D

I drilled a hole in each and bolted them together for now!

this way you get the chance to adjust them and once they fit in properly tighten the bolts and all done!

Ive covered about 2000 miles since the car is back on the road and to be honest its holding perfectly with only those B&Q bolt and nuts I used.

You can then even use the OEM plastic covers you have on each leg of the OEM seat frame to cover those corners too.

tbh the result is 100% what I was looking for and im well pleased with it, but its not an easy job unless you have every tools its needed to cut the frame etc

Thanks, so you adapted the EVO rails to suit the Supra?

Thanks, so you adapted the EVO rails to suit the Supra?

Sort of :) Ive added supra bits on the EVO rails to fit the supra.

Thing is what Ive done actually added about 0.25KG to the EVO seats.

Thats less than a pint of beer :D

buying subframes would easily add over 7KG to your seats but still would be a save over the OEM seats though :)

I think what this thread needs is a few pics :)

Im gonna try to take some pics after weekend as I'll be away early tomo morning.

Carlo i was just out at the Evo having a look at the seats & i just remembered they don't have the fold forward function. I know the supra rear seats are pointless but how would this work in the NCT?

Anytime I was in the NCT they never reclined the seat;just made sure the seatbelts where up to saftey levels

I guess best way I will find out is when I try to fit them; Will give it a go with the angle grinder and see what I can do

Same way I did mine, measure twice weld once;)

I would buy Bride RO rails but the are $$ and cost more then the seats :(

I don't mean Bride though, I mean the Recaro ones that come with the OEM recaro's on Facelift RZ Supras ;)

Quite a few sets available in the far east. Jurgen was offering to ship some in a while back.