The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mapping today

Stonkin

Well, interesting afternoon.

Ive swapped from a PHR T61 to a Precision 6262 billet.

Seems the car had a hot start issue since the turbo has changed over. Ive driven the car a couple of times whilst waiting for mapping and noticed this also at a petrol station after sitting there 15 mins before it would start. Same today after arriving at SRR whilst the dyno was setup. The map had some different figures in from previously so once these were put back it started and we carried on.

Figures started at around 330 for 0.5 bar and slowly went up. Final figures were 520fwhp (439whp) and 530Ib of torque at 1.5 bar, previously was setup for 1.4 bar and made 460fwhp and 490Ib of torque. So gaining 60 hp and 40 torque is nice :)

Sadly when the car was pulled off the dyno there was a large puddle of oil on the floor :( After tracing this it seems there is a problem with the oil drain from the turbo to the engine. There is oil leaking down the outside of the braided hose half way down so most likely split.

Ryan kindly gave me a lift to a garage to get some oil. Put a litre in and took a slow steady journey home under 2k revs, checking it halfway. It had lost a bit but was fine to finish the journey. I'll get it stripped off later once its cool and going to a place in crawley tomorrow to try and get a new one.

So, happy with the results but shame i couldnt enjoy it on the way home.

Graphs below...

hp and torque

afr's

boost

at the wheels

Edited by Stonkin (see edit history)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad your home Safely mate

It was the oil drain from the turbo which was leaking not the feed matey.

Was seriously annoyed to find the garage who fitted the turbo had been messing with the map even though you requested them not too! Espically as they messed up the Starting map. Was glad you spotted it had changed in the map before i even saw it.

Might have to start Password protecting stuff now!

Ryan

Was seriously annoyed to find the garage who fitted the turbo had been messing with the map even though you requested them not too! Espically as they messed up the Starting map. Was glad you spotted it had changed in the map before i even saw it.

Might have to start Password protecting stuff now!

Ryan

Matt didn't touch the map Ryan, took one look and didn't want to get involved in the way it was set up, didn't alter one single thing, btw passwording does nothing,as you know you can just start again which would prob have been the best thing to do the way it was driving:blink:

Matt didn't touch the map Ryan, took one look and didn't want to get involved in the way it was set up, didn't alter one single thing, btw passwording does nothing,as you know you can just start again which would prob have been the best thing to do the way it was driving:blink:

Should he even be looking if a customer asked him not to?

Should he even be looking if a customer asked him not to?

As he commented on how bad the car drove and wanted it power running yes, as he at one time asked us to sort out the mess, then when matt said he wouldn't entertain anything other than a full remap didn't know what to do then wanted it done then 2 hours later changed his mind again, it was only because Matt was busy doing somethging else it wasn't completly remapped.......properly;)

Let's knock this on the head, I'm tired and want to sit down and down a couple of beers and watch some telly.

Stonkin asked me to look at the map as it was rich on part throttle low load, had a look and saw how it was mapped so informed Stonkin that I would only do a complete remap if he wanted the part throttle etc improved. He said no that's fine so NOTHING was changed full stop, end of subject.

I've never slagged Ryan off and always had a good relationship with him so I'm not sure what's going on here. I've never seen the point in animosity, we both have good reputations mapping and that's it. We've both helped each other out in the past and would like to hope this can continue, but I changed NOTHING.

Slagging off Ryan mapping will only make you look silly imo, he has 100's of very happy customers on this very forum that will say otherwise to what you are saying bud.

When I slag your car off dude then we can start arguing, Ryan accuses Matt of altering his map so the car wouldn't start, funny thing is he was slagging his own map off, if he wants to get cocky I didnt expect you to try be his minder,

When I slag your car off dude then we can start arguing, Ryan accuses Matt of altering his map so the car wouldn't start, funny thing is he was slagging his own map off, if he wants to get cocky I didnt expect you to try be his minder,

Mate, im nobodys minder, ive got no argument with you or matt, i like you both, im not going to listen to anyone say his mapping is bad though, nobody comes close to his skills imo.

I really dont know what your issue is with me! All i hear is how you just slag me off and say all my cars make crap power, dont start etc... Pming people to come to Matt etc

I have always had a great reletionship with Matt and dont know if the stuff that gets back to me about how he slags me off is true also but its finely got to me today when i find one of my maps has been changed and Stokin saw it with his own eyes and said he was concerned when he collected his car and the carpet was all pulled back.

If the car drove that bad etc then why have i never heard about it from B'have or stokin. Yet also all the other cars i have mapped here seem to be 100% happy to rate me as they have.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=129455

I try and get on with every trader and every other mapper bar Dan turner as no one knows everything and help is needed sometime.

If i see a car which is on the dyno for a powerrun or something and something is not right i just tell the owner to maybe get the mapper to have another look as they might of missed something etc.

Just all sounds desperate to me.

Ryan

I really dont know what your issue is with me! All i hear is how you just slag me off and say all my cars make crap power, dont start etc... Pming people to come to Matt etc

I have always had a great reletionship with Matt and dont know if the stuff that gets back to me about how he slags me off is true also but its finely got to me today when i find one of my maps has been changed and Stokin saw it with his own eyes and said he was concerned when he collected his car and the carpet was all pulled back.

If the car drove that bad etc then why have i never heard about it from B'have or stokin. Yet also all the other cars i have mapped here seem to be 100% happy to rate me as they have.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=129455

I try and get on with every trader and every other mapper bar Dan turner as no one knows everything and help is needed sometime.

If i see a car which is on the dyno for a powerrun or something and something is not right i just tell the owner to maybe get the mapper to have another look as they might of missed something etc.

Just all sounds desperate to me.

Ryan

Not desperate ryan, just my opinion, no i don't like you and I can't really say why but that has nothing to do with my opinion, I would rather discuss this via PM as we will both end up looking like 2 kids arguing on a forum. I actually don't slag off your syvecs, its ok from what I see which is why I said it would be fine for controlling what we have in mind in the other thread, but I have my opinions on that to. Like I said I will discuss it with you via PM if you want, hell if I ever meet you I may even change my mind.;)