The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jspec turbo flanges a/r and such need info

patrik

Hello,

ive searched the forum but most threads are about differnces and such and most of all on singles (turbos that is).

i would need the standard jspec turbos flange name and what are and such it has

could someone help me pls.

also what flange types can be converted to on the standard mainfold.

Hi Nic!

Im trying to find a replacement /upgrade turbo that will fit on the standard mainfold (if thats where the turbos attach)

so im looking at the garrets but there are t3/t4 and conicals and rounds and squares and such so im getting confused.

so what im asking for is what ways are there to attach an aftermarket turbo

Im looking at a small one but a little bit bigger than standard

or i might scrap the hole idea and just refurbish the standards if it proves to expensive to upgrade.

to make a decision i would need also the basic numbers for the jspec turbo what is its hp range 150 to ?

what is its AR and the size of the compressorwheel and exhaust wheel

well as you can see i am a bit lost but hopefully you guys can help me oout:)

Hi Patrik

The turbos on the Supra are a custom fit, there are no turbos you can buy from Garrett, etc. that will fit.

There are companies who sell 'hybrid' turbos these are stock Supra turbo bodies that have been machined to fit bigger internals. Hybrid turbos can make a bit more power, but they are limited by the sequential system, max you're likely to see with all supporting mods (fueling, cams, ECU, etc.) would be around 450hp. More than this and you need to remove the stock turbos and replace with a single or twin turbo kit.

There is information HERE about the stock turbos.

Have you blown your turbos?

Excellent link!

thats the info im after for now.

by the way do you still sell the greddy side mount intercooler

and if so could you give me a price on it and a guesstimate on HP lvls

No blown turbos so far but the first is starting to do the smoking sometimes and thats a first sign to look for replacment or refurishing it i think

sorry to hear that nic and hope you will get better!

with the info you provided with the link i found a company only a short trip (30 mins) away that have packages that fit the standard turbo position so now i only have to drive as usuall and wait for the turbos to go and have fun in the mean time :sly: