The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Momo millenium evo?

Guest Dan_griffin11

Guest Dan_griffin11

have just bought one of fleabay, but havn't paid as yet. As i had a little search on here and heard there are fakes floating about.I'm worried! Is there anyway i can tell if it's genuine without the reciept/box?[sAD][/sAD]

check for manufacturing stamps, quality of stitching, machining and also size. If something looks off it may be for a reason.
:yeahthat:

Basically you won't know until you have received it.

How much did you pay out of interest, as I think they go for like £150?

Guest Dan_griffin11

I only paid £23 for it so it's not a massive loss, if i pay now, receive it, then can prove it's a fake. I can claim my money back and keep the wheel i think.

the difference between the momo millenium fakes are that they both normally have momo stamped in the centre but the real one has momo stamped in one of the spokes too, maybe the evo's have the same difference. i have heard that really cheap wheels bend but i would of thought that if you paid very little and it doesnt bend and seems decent enough then their isnt a big problem

Edited by dwayne (see edit history)

It is 2nd hand but that does seem very cheap.

Nothing is stated in the advert if this is a original or not, so don't think you can claim if it is a fake.

That's the exact one I'm after, but as you mentioned if it's fake you can refund. (like the above poster mentioned only if it claims to be real....)

But bare in mind, refund: you must send back item (your total loss will be p&p price) then you recieve your money. And yes... Too cheap, if it sounds too good to be true it probably is.

It is 2nd hand but that does seem very cheap.

Nothing is stated in the advert if this is a original or not, so don't think you can claim if it is a fake.

It's advertised as "Momo", so that would say original? If it's not a real Momo you can't say it is a "momo" steeringwheel right ?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dan_griffin11

think i got an amazing bargain , it came through today really nice supple leather, no dlex in it at all. and all the official momo machining on the back. £23 pound ain't half bad ! maybe post piccys later,

Iv been looking at the same wheel for close to 5 years every day and sumin doesnt look rite on the e-bay pic. The centre plate sits higher and wider, horn logo is to big. the spokes are different angles and its a slightly different shape. But that could be just me....

This is mine... its a loverly wheel. I paid for it as new around £170 some years back now! Had it on the corrado the on th Supe.

picture.php?albumid=226&pictureid=2502

Good price though mate :)

Edited by a98pmalcolm (see edit history)