The mkiv Supra Owners Club

VERY interesting project coming

dude

Working in conjunction with a completly mad scientist we are hoping to try and develop certain products that will make the turbo behave completly differently, we are not allowed by said scientist to divulge how we are trying to achieve this but I can let on what we are trying to achieve, some stuff he wants to try is proven and patented, he has worked in the turbine development field a long time and has some very profesional help, without which we would not be able to attempt this.

The aim is to improve spool by around 25% and achieve 25-30% more hp and a comparable increase in torque WITHOUT increasing boost, however he also informs me that in theory we should be able to increase boost to around 3 bar on road fuel, thats 3 bar on a small turbo like a P67 which would normally be well out of its efficiency range, in effect we are trying to make a small turbo behave like a very large one but at the same time improve its spool charecteristics.

If it works the mods are not going to be THAT expensive and will work on stock turbos as well as singles.

We have a single turbo auto car to test all this on. We will get dyno readings at 1.3, 1.5, 1.7 bar and then increase boost till we get det. Then as we do each mod we can get data and hopefully see the boost increase without det.

Improving the spool part is already 100% possible and I have the technical data to prove that, it is relatively simply and already patented. The other parts I see the theory, it is just getting it to work as we want.

First parts arrive this week so we will hopefully start a thread in the project section although we cannot show what we are doing just the results.

I have already asked him to get double the parts as we will also put them straight on my car, if it works as we hope I will not need to move to a T6 large frame turbo.

Edited by dude (see edit history)

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you are saying a 67mm turbo will run 3 bar on pump fuel, spool like a 61 and make the power of a GT45?

I will believe it when i see it with my own eyes:D

Exactly, the technology he is using has been used in the aerospace industry for years, one of his sources is an engineer who does nothing but design turbine blades for all sorts of industries.

I KNOW the theory will work it is a case of if we can get the parts made to the fine tolerance needed.

Wether they will work to the extent he thinks of course remains to be seen, but the spool will 100% work, i have just read the reports, not that i understand a lot of the tech stuff.

yeah and then spew there guts out after 15 mins

That remains to be seen!!!! it is excess boost that breaks ceramics, we would not need to up the boost to get more power, however I would be happier to do it but whilst fitting rebuilt metal bladed turbos from CR.

I have a candidate in mind as a test car;)

That remains to be seen!!!! it is excess boost that breaks ceramics, we would not need to up the boost to get more power, however I would be happier to do it but whilst fitting rebuilt metal bladed turbos from CR.

I have a candidate in mind as a test car;)

yeah i just cant see how your going to increase power without increasing boost, so its the internals of the turbo your going to have manufactured?

mad scientists :D but i hope it all goes to plan mate and it works as it would be a revolution.

candidate= a na-t im guessing