The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HELP! How to use MANU mode with a Greddy plenum ?!??!?

Jamesy

Had some real issues on the dyno today all because MANU mode wasn't on.

My car has a BL auto box and a GReddy plenum (which removes the manu mode facility)

All we need to do is trick the car into using manu mode just for the dyno shoot. It MUST have been done by someone before with this kind of set up but for the life of me i cant find anything - its essential we find out how to get around this as i cant run the car properly at the dyno without it.

PLEEEASE help tech guys!!! :D

It wonk work I've tried every option on my blue supra. If you remove the stock TB, trac stepper, or Sub TPS you loose manual mode. I couldn't find any way at all around it.

i didnt wanna hear that John ...... :(

how did u manage to dyno your blue one then mate?

I (and I appreciate I'm going to probable regret this offer :D) knock up a box to control the auto independently of the ecu for you. In fact there is a chap on TwoBrutal who is making a paddle shifter for the MR2 that would benefit from a Supra owner showing an interest.;)

now that is an Offer :D

Well there is good news, got it to work but you do have to have the trac tps connected to the throttle body. As the sub throttle plate sits open all the time the tps works the opposite way to the standard throttle tps which is usually closed, so just pluging it in doesnt work.

Also it has to be calibrated correctly aswell or it will throw up the errors and no manual mode. Thanks to Simon for that tip as I would have just plugged it in and thought it wasnt working.

So what I will do now is extend the wiring for the motor and tps, cut the throttle body up so I am left with the bits required for it to work and hide it somewhere out of site. :)

This means manual mode should work fine all the time.