The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Need some help with the wiring if you can.

hoff

I have noticed lately a problem with gear changes on my NA-TT conversion. The car is a pre facelift auto. The TT loom and ECU’s have been used but it was modified at the fuse box as the extg NA fuse box (engine bay) has been used. Basically it sometimes hesitates going into 4th and then pauses before the throttle kicks in again. This wasn't occurring when I 1st did the conversion.

After speaking to Darryl (Homer) he tells me that there is a trick with the loom that is need which I don’t think I did. The NA fuse box has a 3 wire plug, the TT has a 5 wire. There is a wiring trick needed to replace the additional function the two additional wires do.

Does anybody know what the trick is and what is required.

Any help will be greatly appreciated:)

Thanks.

Edited by hoff (see edit history)

A little extra info I've just gotten from the guy who did the work.

He used the existing NA conector on the TT loom to plug into the fuse box as per this thread http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=156635&highlight=wiringby the sounds he has done this but I'll show him the thread and check.

However, he thinks (it was some time ago now) that he used the existing NA loom for the fuel pump. Would this be an issue?

As I said this wasn't occurring when I 1st did the conversion. So is there anything else which could be causing this issue such as a dodgy fuel filter, speed sensor or a need to change the autobox oil?

Finally Darryl mentioned that he advised to pull a fuse that is associated with the delimiter. Anyone know which one it is?

Thanks.

Edited by hoff (see edit history)

Maybe, the TT auto box in it has done about 75K km so I would have thought its still good.

But I'm now pretty sure having done the full conversion, including the TT auto box, it's more likely to be the lack of T.C.. I will also have the wiring around the fuse box in the engine bay double checked just in case. But thinking about it, it really is only happening on WOT which I think does indicate the lack of T.C.

If that is the case I will get a stock T.C. unit and have it switched off.

I'm just after getting this little issue out of the way. I dont imagine harm has been done to the engine or the box as I've not done many miles with it really like this. But obviously I need it sorting before something does get damaged.