The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Arseholes !!! Why do people do this......

clarky666

Went out to my car last night to head off to the Scotland game only to be greeted by this lovely sight

http://j.imagehost.org/0898/supra2.jpg

http://i.imagehost.org/0331/supra.jpg

What fucking pleasure does anyone get out of doing this to someones car? Absolute scumbags of the highest order.

:no::no:

At first i thought it was done by a chisel or something similar but looking for closely it looks like three drops / blobs of some corrosive liquid the way it sort of thins out as it goes lower before almost dribbling onto the sill.

Edited by clarky666 (see edit history)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry i added a closer up picture below.

I thought a scraper at first? It's literally right through to the base layer metal. The body shop and my neighbor thought it was a corrosive liquid the way the paint has peeled off and just kind of dribbled away onto the sill? But i didn't think a liquid would burn all the way through to the metal the way the picture shows.

more I think about it, the harder it is to understand - why three blobs at the bottom? Seems odd for a malicious attack? :think:

Exactly what i was thinking, looks more like carelessness rather than vandalism. Possible scenario: some bloke is getting painting stuff out of his car drops a tin of paint stripper, splashes up the side of your car, he then doesn't have the balls to own up to it.

Exactly what i was thinking, looks more like carelessness rather than vandalism. Possible scenario: some bloke is getting painting stuff out of his car drops a tin of paint stripper, splashes up the side of your car, he then doesn't have the balls to own up to it.

And it probably doesn't happen instantly either, so some time after the evidence shows.

I don't think it was an attack either. Just carelessness. :(

And it probably doesn't happen instantly either, so some time after the evidence shows.

I'm not sure what to think, but if you'd 'spilt' some corrosive substance on someone else's car, surely you would at least give it a wipe off?

I'm really intrigued to know exactly what happened here - malicious or not.

Looking more closely if it was a splashback then the pattern would be more likely to be one splash mark rather than the 3 distinct splashes. I cannot tell but the edge of the "splash" marks look as if they are jagged with bits of paint pulled up. It looks like someone has had a go trying to peel off the paint, a splash would surely leave smooth edges, I remember from lifting old paint off a surface you can get so far and then the paint tears in a jagged line.

I would say its more malicious.

I'd go with that as well, hope that makes you feel better to know it could have been an accident.

Though I would still be livid, it will need a new base coat & primer then paint.

Maybe the splash was an accident, and the violator then tried to wipe the stuff off, and in so doing took the paint off in that area, and what was left wasn't easily removed and formed that jagged edge and the dried drips.

What he should've done was leave a note for you. The coward. :(

Maybe the splash was an accident, and the violator then tried to wipe the stuff off, and in so doing took the paint off in that area, and what was left wasn't easily removed and formed that jagged edge and the dried drips.

What he should've done was leave a note for you. The coward. :(

Your Jessica Fletcher. In disguise! :)

Not good to hear mate! I had my hilux surf keyed on every panel, tires slashed and sugar put in the petrol tank a few years back! People are cowards and even if it was an accident then they should have owned up!

Originally Posted by AndrewOW View Post

What he should've done was leave a note for you. The coward.

Your Jessica Fletcher. In disguise! :)

Not good to hear mate! I had my hilux surf keyed on every panel, tires slashed and sugar put in the petrol tank a few years back! People are cowards and even if it was an accident then they should have owned up!

This has got my head spinning now. New chap moved in next door a couple of months ago. He has has own business and works van................painter and decorater.:search:

Edited by clarky666 (see edit history)