The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Evo Recaro Seats

Jellybean

I was thinking of Putting Recaro's into the Supra out of an EVO; Seats are 400 euro but I am concerned about the Evo Frames

Is it just a matter of re-drilling the mounting holes to suit Toyota Fitment; If I have to get Bride Rails they will cost more than the seats :(

Safety is top of the list but if I have to get Bride rails; I would rather save and just get the Seat and Rail package off RHDJapan

Anybody get these rails from NZ

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130270922900&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

seats.jpg

Edited by Jellybean
Pics (see edit history)

They look like Evo 7 seats? Just check the evo recaros as the are known to wear at the recliner causing them to slip back. One thing about them though you won't slide around in them as they have great support.

I've heard the Evo seats are recaro speeds & that's what i'm going to get. I think you will need sub frames though i could be wrong.

They look like Evo 7 seats? Just check the evo recaros as the are known to wear at the recliner causing them to slip back. One thing about them though you won't slide around in them as they have great support.

I've heard the Evo seats are recaro speeds & that's what i'm going to get. I think you will need sub frames though i could be wrong.

Think they are Evo 7 alright, so priced it up ; with the NewZeland Ebay frames and seats rought 600 euro in the car, just wonder if the Evo Slidiing mechanism on the seats will bolt to the NZ subframes else its more cash again and you are messing about with universal sliders

you can get replacement recaro bolsters accessaries fairly cheap from

http://www.capitalseating.co.uk/productlist.asp?type=s&view=range&rid=61&mid=2

To do it properly your'e going to need proper subframes. On an impact from behind the force is transferred from you against the seat and subframe to car. If it fails who knows what kind of mess and position you'll end up in.

You wouldn't butcher together some seat belt mounts and subframes shouldn't be any different.