The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Likwid Art

SupraMan Mk4

Hi guys just got my emblems through from Rob (Including a cheeky Supraman logo) ;) and they look awesome! The pics are amazing but they still dont do them justice.

My Q is as follows -

Has anybody else fitted these? If so how did you go about cleaning the surface area and how are they looking now. (After weather, car wash, jet wash exposure)

Also any tips on the best fitting technique.

Cheers,

Hi guys just got my emblems through from Rob (Including a cheeky Supraman logo) ;) and they look awesome! The pics are amazing but they still dont do them justice.

My Q is as follows -

Has anybody else fitted these? If so how did you go about cleaning the surface area and how are they looking now. (After weather, car wash, jet wash exposure)

Also any tips on the best fitting technique.

Cheers,

Which ones did you buy, and how much were they?

Paul, make sure you line them up correctly first, put some marks on first or something, once on you won't get them off without ruining them.

I just cleaned the spot off, got them lined up, then stuck them down, this was about three years ago still good.

Put some masking tape around the area before you take the badges off Paul, it'll keep you right when you're putting the new ones on. Make sure you persevere to get all the marks left round where the old ones were off, as it'll be near impossible to correct after you get the new ones on. I've had mine on a couple of years now, they're black and they look the same today as they did the day they went on, no fading at all.

Edit, the stock Toyota badge on the rear (can't comment on the front as I replaced my bumper and didn't put a front badge on) has 2 or 3 pins holding it on so it needs to be prised off gently (careful with the paintwork!), the Supra badge is just a sticker, a hair-dryer round the edges while gently lifting with a credit card will help get it off. The holes will help line up your new Toyota badge.

Edited by jim (see edit history)

Put some masking tape around the area before you take the badges off Paul, it'll keep you right when you're putting the new ones on. Make sure you persevere to get all the marks left round where the old ones were off, as it'll be near impossible to correct after you get the new ones on. I've had mine on a couple of years now, they're black and they look the same today as they did the day they went on, no fading at all.

Edit, the stock Toyota badge on the rear (can't comment on the front as I replaced my bumper and didn't put a front badge on) has 2 or 3 pins holding it on so it needs to be prised off gently (careful with the paintwork!), the Supra badge is just a sticker, a hair-dryer round the edges while gently lifting with a credit card will help get it off. The holes will help line up your new Toyota badge.

Thanks Jim,

Glad that other members have got nothing but good things to say about them. Makes me feel better about parting with the cash! :D

Once I have them on I'll be sure to put the pics up on here for all to see.

The Superman ones may not be to everybodies taste by I think they are gorgeous! :yummy: