The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Reading/drooling..

Guest EP3_Foolserrand

Guest EP3_Foolserrand

Hi there,

At present I don't own a Supra, however I have always had a soft spot for the car. I have spent many hours, mainly while pretending to 'work', reading through some of the unreal build threads on here. The detail, parts and knowledge of the owners, not to mention the cars, truely awe inspiring.

I thought I should at least sign up and say hello :blink:

As hinted at by my screen name, I own a Honda Civic Type R, EP3. Somewhat modified at the moment. :sly: Currently running 314bhp with a turbo conversion (will be up to 350+ by the end of the year, new clutch/flywheel/LSD then upping the boost to 12psi)

I am hoping to pick up a Supra in a year or two, just trying to learn a bit more about the car and it's potential.

Guest EP3_Foolserrand
Welcome :D

Oh, and pics of the EP3 please :)

Thanks! :( It's not the cleanest at the moment, 450miles a week at the moment.

I'll just add the pictures to this thread;

Parts laid out ready for the trip to TDI-North:

Tuned at TDI-North:

Some pic's after I gave it a quick clean:

Guest EP3_Foolserrand
:yeahthat:

Welcome, we love pictures...even if it is not Supra's!

How does the EP3 handle the power?

Quite well! Even on stock clutch and no LSD!

Looking at getting a competition stage 4 clutch/flywheel and a wavetrack LSD fitted soon, will be tracking this a lot eventually. :D

Guest EP3_Foolserrand
Welcome aboard :)

Nice looking motor, pity about the tripoding on it ;) (Friend of mine has one, not anywhere near up to that spec however)

:D

Cheers, aiming to tidy it up somewhat and get it a bit better prepped for track use.

Guest EP3_Foolserrand
Welcome :)

sell the civic (nice motor though) and forget the year or two and buy a Supra now :D

Then get a daily runner as the 450 miles a week would cripple you in fuel costs ;)

Going to try and be a little sensible, Civic is cheap to keep running etc, spend a while researching and planning the next car while getting a bit of track time in with the civic.

First car I have modified seriously, consequently lost money by buying without thinking. Won't happen again. :cool:

the 500mile week run has an end in sight, house purchase is going through on Monday, new job starting on 25th October.

*Currently working Monday-Friday in Horsham, West Sussex. Up to Harrogate by 11pm Friday and back on the Sunday.

Oh and if anyone fancied a swap.. :lol:

Guest EP3_Foolserrand
Welcome.

Although the thread title had me expecting a post about spacks who can't read without drooling everywhere, I am somewhat disappointed.

Rest assured, after 5hours on Halo:Reach I can no longer read, the small pool of drool is testimony to the threads I have been reading. :D

Welcome to the club! What line of work takes you to Horsham? I grew up there, just curious really. A well-respected tuning outfit on here called AFR have moved/are moving to Horsham, near the station.

It's actually the other way around, moving from Horsham up to Harrogate (Wife's family are up there). When were you down here?

Thanks for the comments and welcomes.

Appreciate it.

The event was organised by these guys, a friend on another forum invited me. Was only a short dash to a cone and back, not really suited to FWD's with no diff! Had to take it easy off the line, fear's of stock clutch detonating.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest EP3_Foolserrand
I knew I recognised this car from somewhere, I passed you yesterday just next to the Menwith Hill crossroads(in the Blue Supra), I didn't realise you were local to me:)

Very nice Civic by the way, I'm a bit of a Civic fan myself:)

Cheers matey, didn't notice you! Must have had the wife in the car. :taped:

Small change, facelift headlights.

Depending on how things pan out with my recent house purchase I might be looking at getting a Supra soon.

Have been drooling over Imi's. :eyebrows: