The mkiv Supra Owners Club

AFR Open Day put back

dude

Having spoken to Matt we have to admit defeat and say we are not going to be ready for a decent open day on saturday, coupled with the fact that the Brighton Speed trials are on that day as well AS jae, the place is still a tip after the move and the nail in the coffin is that despite buying a grands worth of motors we still dont have decent extraction in the dyno cell.

The intention is to have the dyno day on the 25th of september, this will work out better as enhanced performance are having their open day on the 11th so we will have more time on the dyno, we may even have time to do some 1/4 mile runs on the dyno;). Also my car may even be ready to do some power runs with race fuel by that date.

Sorry for anyone planning to come and we hope to see you on the 25th.

Matt and John you have a great setup at the new place and may see you there hopefully may even have done enough miles on the new engine to get a hybrid twin set up over the 450bhp and some.

Great job guys.

Both Matt and I need a couple of days off, we are all shattered trying to get jobs out and sort out the new shop, not helped by some prick supplying the wrong fan motors because he thaught he knew best when we told him what we needed.

oops....

Don't worry dude we have rigged up a smaller fan which will be ok, but thats not what we wanted, it will be fine for the time being till monday, enabling us to clear the back log of cars to be mapped, including yours. we got in an air extraction expert today who has redisgned the ducting and worked out the cubic feet of the dyno cell etc to get the most efficient extraction we can afford.

Don't worry dude we have rigged up a smaller fan which will be ok, but thats not what we wanted, it will be fine for the time being till monday, enabling us to clear the back log of cars to be mapped, including yours. we got in an air extraction expert today who has redisgned the ducting and worked out the cubic feet of the dyno cell etc to get the most efficient extraction we can afford.

LOL... Matts being telling me the er.. fun you've been having with all this!

LOL... Matts being telling me the er.. fun you've been having with all this!

Problem is the guy keeps promising to come and sort it but has no concept of urgency and rolls in as and when, we should have just stopped his cheque and got a real proffesional in to do it, after waiting all last week he turned up with the new 'perfect' fan..........which cuts out after about 30 secs.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sideways Si
Im thinking the European finals at santa pod;)

Never been a fan of the speed trials since the guy from Rovercraft died and they shortened the course.

Hey Dude!..

Yeah Simon law was the name of the Guy that got killed.

It was a tragedy!. . I was there in the event. The course was actually 1/2 mile in length Not 1/4 .

So shortening the course to the national or globally recognised standard came a little too late..

I'm not sure why your not a fan of the course shortened to 1/4 mile though! I don't know of any event that still holds the half mile..

Hey Dude!..

Yeah Simon law was the name of the Guy that got killed.

It was a tragedy!. . I was there in the event. The course was actually 1/2 mile in length Not 1/4 .

So shortening the course to the national or globally recognised standard came a little too late..

I'm not sure why your not a fan of the course shortened to 1/4 mile though! I don't know of any event that still holds the half mile..

Thunder road dude, standing mile;)