The mkiv Supra Owners Club

sell NA for another NA ?

bigsupra

Is this worth it, or shouldn't I stress it and just enjoy my car and make it look nicer as it is.

sell 1993.5 SZ 5-spd with 142,000 KM and get 1994 or 1995 SZ/SZ-R with about 100,000 KM 5-sped.

The only reason I wanna sell my car is becuase it has 142,000km and it's 1993. Just because it was 1994 or 1995 with less KM I would feel better about that, I don't know why.

or should I just keep my Supra and sell it next summer and get twin turbo ?

Mileage doesn't mean a thing, I've seen members cars with 150,000 on the clock & they look more mint than other cars with 80,000 on the clock. These cars don't show there age unless it is not looked after. Not even one of my colleagues could believe my car has 100,000 on the clock. Looked much cleaner than their 5 year old cars! :D

I was trying to sell my car to buy Martinis car.

I really wanted a black supe, so was going to sell mine for 3kish and put £1500 towards buying his, that would have been NA to NA and all just for a change of colour and a few small upgrades.

£4500 for an NA?

I'f I was you I'd save up for a TT too, I am for next year when I hopefully don't travel as much ;)

£4500 for an NA?

I'f I was you I'd save up for a TT too, I am for next year when I hopefully don't travel as much ;)

No interest in turbos mate, if i were to do anything i would spend the money on the NA.

I like reading about the tubby cars and they do sound awesome but i have no intention of ever owning one again.

No interest in turbos mate, if i were to do anything i would spend the money on the NA.

I like reading about the tubby cars and they do sound awesome but i have no intention of ever owning one again.

What about a facelift N/A?

Six speed would be good, I know my 5 speed always feels like it needs to change gear on motorway runs.

Must be better for MPG too...

Six speed would be good, I know my 5 speed always feels like it needs to change gear on motorway runs.

I have just sold my facelift NA. I was led to believe that the ratios of the 5 and 6 speed at the top end were the same overall. So on the motorway you would still be doing the same revs/speed.

H.

Dont like the facelift cars that much, they look wrong with the side markers on the bumpers and rear lights IMO.

6 speed would be nice just for strength but the 5 speed is holding up quite well.

I found the 5 speed NA to be a great car and very robust.

I'd never have sold it if I wasn't moving to Japan. Seemed too much hassle to un-import the Supra :D

If it wasn't for this forum, I reckon most people would be happy with their NA and the power it has. It's much better looking than 99% of what's on the road, sounds great and has decent power. The lack of a turbo is attractive as it's another thing to go wrong really.

The only reason I wanna sell my car is becuase it has 142,000km and it's 1993. Just because it was 1994 or 1995 with less KM I would feel better about that, I don't know why.

142,000 is nothing. My NA is on 225,000km and is still running perfectly. Don't be obsessed by mileage, you sound like my wife.

waste of time.

These engines are built to last a lot longer than 140k miles. You know what has been replaced already on yours and you don't on the one with 40k less mileage. You could have replaced things like water pump, cambelt, steering pump, wheel bearings, etc... basically servicable parts on your car but on the lower milage one they could all now be due. So you would end up selling your car and buying one that is ripe for a load of cash throwing at it just to get a slightly lower number on your dash.

Not worth it at all.

Why? ...just curious..

For me there is no point in having a car that is potentially going to cost me a hell of alot more to fix if it goes wrong, not everyone owns their own company or earns a million quid a day.

So far there have been very few times where i have needed a faster car, the NA just ticks all the boxes for me, despite what the TT boys say they are not that bad.

Price is another factor, decent TT manual would be around 10k+ were as the NA is around 3-4k and there is no way i would drive an auto, regardless of how good they apparently are.

As previously stated i have nothing against them, love reading about them and looking at the builds etc but they just arn't for me.

I seriously think if the TT transplant wasn't as easy and cheap to do and NA modification wern't as uncommon then when someone says they are going to spend money on the NA they wouldn't get shot down in flames. I admire what some of the guys are trying to do with the NA just to get the little gains, any improvement is a bonus in my eyes.

One of the other reasons i will not own a TT supra is some of the arsehole owners on this very forum, its the supra owners club, not the TT or single supra owners club, i know there's alot of banter but some of them treat NA owners like shite, just glad i found the ignore button after all this time :)

In short -

NA = Win

TT = Win, just not for me though.

Sorry for the long winded and very off topic reply.