The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Loud BOV Sound

a98pmalcolm

Hay all. I know this is a subject that pops up here and there but the other week i herd an impeza dump really loud. Quite simler to this:

N3Ordl5WSyU

I was just wondering if the is a BOV for the TT to have it sound like this? Just to pop on for a bit of fun now and then.

Thanks

Paul

Edited by a98pmalcolm (see edit history)

Admit it you wont be using it for 'fun' as you say, you want to be noticed ;)

How dare u!! :eyebrows: lol

I dont think i could put up with that loudness all the time so the HKS one would go back on for general use of the car after im done goin around town at nite with my lil car crew.... Hold on did i just say that?? Errrr i was talking about some guy i seen about... honest! tehe

I will man up to this post..! I love the sound of the BOV...! If I wanted to buy a quite elegant sophisticated car I would of bought an M3 'my previous car which I still love'. Though what attracts to me about jap cars & my 'Supra' is the driving experience. It feels like your in a futureristic machine and the sound of the BOV is part of that experience. I am 28yrs old and don’t feel like it's a bad thing to like others noticing my car 'including cute girls'..! I must be messed up to think like this right..! lol

I will man up to this post..! I love the sound of the BOV...! If I wanted to buy a quite elegant sophisticated car I would of bought an M3 'my previous car which I still love'. Though what attracts to me about jap cars & my 'Supra' is the driving experience. It feels like your in a futureristic machine and the sound of the BOV is part of that experience. I am 28yrs old and don’t feel like it's a bad thing to like others noticing my car 'including cute girls'..! I must be messed up to think like this right..! lol

Have you tried loosening the bolt that regulates the spring? I’ve read that could make a difference.

HKS ones arnt adjustable coz they dont advise you do... My hks one is fine but i just the scooby sounded ubber cool!

I think we all have a soft spot for the WOOOOSH even if people come accross to mature for it ;)

^^^^Agreed^^^^

My Sard r2d2 sounds just like that also:innocent:

i mite post up asking if anyone have one 2nd hand....

do we think these will fit in my tt?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-JDM-SARD-R2D2-BLOW-OFF-VALVE-MAZDA-RX7-FC3S-/360096719988?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item53d76fe474

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SARD-R2D2-blow-off-Valve-Celica-GT4-GT-Four-/180558037671?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a0a1902a7

Thanks

Edited by a98pmalcolm (see edit history)

I have a blitz bov that sounds very similiar..., homer has a video on youtube with his old supra that had a blitz bov and sounded like this! And i too love the sound of a bov, especially with my bonnet vents...very attention seeking :)

Well remembered! It sounds exactly like the old style Blitz BOV (go to 20seconds onwards)

HV8P_pOgCBY