The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Too low?

Spike3.0

Well, I've fitted my kit and now I'm having problems :(

It's so low I have to plan every route and lend cars when I know there's speedbumps.

One other issue I found was when I recently took a small roundabout at average speed the front corner of the bumper rubbed the deck:blink:

Other than raising the suspension or taking of the bumper what else could I do...

Heres a photo of the bumper next to a small curb at work, and one of the stance from a distance,

IMG_2212 (800x600).jpg

IMG_2186 (800x600).jpg

That's not as low as I've seen either, infact that looks a reasonable height for the do-luck. I think the only thing you can do is raise the suspension if your really having that much trouble. This is just the challenge you face having a kitted car, you'll need to compromise practicality at times (like not getting over bad speedbumps) I'm the same with just the lip, skirts and diffuser.

Edited by marcAB10 (see edit history)

Part and parcel of modded supra ownership I'm afraid. I have about 4 inches ground clearance from the bottom of my Ridox to the floor. Looks similar to yours, the good thing about the Ridox though, is the center of the bumper is raised another inch, so I can creep over those silly speed bumps that are just lumps in the middle of the road.

One other issue I found was when I recently took a small roundabout at average speed the front corner of the bumper rubbed the deck:blink:

My car is as low if not lower and i don't suffer this, unless there was lots of camber on the island i dont see how you could get that to happen unless your springs are very soft letting the car roll heavily.

I have TRD antiroll bars which cut out most of that problem but also have quite firm Eibach springs.

Part and parcel of modded supra ownership I'm afraid. I have about 4 inches ground clearance from the bottom of my Ridox to the floor. Looks similar to yours, the good thing about the Ridox though, is the center of the bumper is raised another inch, so I can creep over those silly speed bumps that are just lumps in the middle of the road.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/jaxdanjo/IMG_0079.jpg

try going round a dipped corner at em high speed, it slighlty rubs on mine, only the under side though which i can live with.

this is the only worry for me at Knockhill in Oct, hence im looking for a wrecked bumper to whack on for the day :D

That's not as low as I've seen either, infact that looks a reasonable height for the do-luck. I think the only thing you can do is raise the suspension if your really having that much trouble. This is just the challenge you face having a kitted car, you'll need to compromise practicality at times (like not getting over bad speedbumps) I'm the same with just the lip, skirts and diffuser.

He has to park at the bottom of my street and walk up the hill to get to mine. Mine only JUST makes it over bumps lol.

As everyone has mentioned, part and parcel :(

Cheers for the replys,

I'll measure the height later, I'm not sure if I have anti roll bars but thats a good idea.

It doesnt feel boat like and I was suprised when I heard the rub, My suspension is standard but with lowering springs - I'll see if I can make out what they are...

I can see why so many people go for standard kits now, glad I've got the original in the garage ; )

Cheers for the replys,

I'll measure the height later, I'm not sure if I have anti roll bars but thats a good idea.

It doesnt feel boat like and I was suprised when I heard the rub, My suspension is standard but with lowering springs - I'll see if I can make out what they are...

I can see why so many people go for standard kits now, glad I've got the original in the garage ; )

Your car should have anti roll bars fitted as standard, mine are just much stiffer TRD ones.

Get a pic taken of it cornering around a flat level island, then we'd see how much roll your car has, it must have quite a bit to rub the bumper !

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Just change your driving technique.

approach road humps and speed bumps diagonally and try to avoid the warn groove other vehicles have made. Aim for the center or get close to the curb. That should gain you a few mm.

My girlfriends driveway is a steep angle and impossible to ascend with the Supra,.. but by tacking from left to right, driving across the neighbors garden and the flower bed, then traversing back across the lawn,.. it is possible to climb.