The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Owner/ Member....Supra finally in the UK..pics

lonbhold75

Hello,

Been lurking here for abit. Finally purchased my first Supra. Here are a few pics as I am still awaiting its arrival from the States.

Already have accumilated a few bits for its arrival. Like an original front bumper with active spoiler, Greddy rear wing, power folding mirrors, and soon possibly a CW SMIC.

I plan on keeping the stock twins, but may go hybrids if and when the current ones go. Would however like to find a set of OEM JDM side skirts, only place I have found any so far is in the states.

Thanks for looking and allowing me to be a member of such a great forum.

Dave

Edited by lonbhold75 (see edit history)

bloody hell how come your buying everything from the usa? lol

You had it imported from the states? that must have cost twice or 3 times the price it would have cost to buy one over here. And its still left hand drive. :S Why not just get a rhd one?

if you want oem skirts. plenty of places sell them but they will be replicas. a company on ebay called car.mad.stylings do some that are a good fit. whifbitz etc will also do them probably. knightracer also. they are not hard to find.

Unless you want genuine origonal toyota ones in which case you will have to wait for them to turn up and then pay a lot for :p toyota dont make them any more and there are non left appart from ones that people take off there cars.

bloody hell how come your buying everything from the usa? lol

You had it imported from the states? that must have cost twice or 3 times the price it would have cost to buy one over here. And its still left hand drive. :S Why not just get a rhd one?

if you want oem skirts. plenty of places sell them but they will be replicas. a company on ebay called car.mad.stylings do some that are a good fit. whifbitz etc will also do them probably. knightracer also. they are not hard to find.

Unless you want genuine origonal toyota ones in which case you will have to wait for them to turn up and then pay a lot for :p toyota dont make them any more and there are non left appart from ones that people take off there cars.

The reason I am buying everything from the states is because I get paid in dollars an am in the US Air Force serving in the UK. So the Air Force is shipping it over for me and generally parts are cheaper for me over there even with shipping.

Thats also the reason for the LHD, I would love a RHD one, but makes no sense to invest all that money only to have to sell it before I leave. I looked into getting a RHD into the US, and the easiest way is to wait till its 25 years old, so I would have almost a ten year wait, no thanks.

I would prefer the OEM skirts, mainly do to the fact I think they would be more durable than fiberglass.

Dave

The reason I am buying everything from the states is because I get paid in dollars an am in the US Air Force serving in the UK. So the Air Force is shipping it over for me and generally parts are cheaper for me over there even with shipping.

Thats also the reason for the LHD, I would love a RHD one, but makes no sense to invest all that money only to have to sell it before I leave. I looked into getting a RHD into the US, and the easiest way is to wait till its 25 years old, so I would have almost a ten year wait, no thanks.

I would prefer the OEM skirts, mainly do to the fact I think they would be more durable than fiberglass.

Dave

ahh right that makes sense i suppose :p

I had a friend who served over here at mildenhall (i think). he is out is arizona now though.

Welcome, you based out in Woodbridge buddy?

Nope, Lakenheath

Hi Dave,

Welcome to the club!

The the colour of your car ,HOK (House of Kolor) tangelo orange PBC32 by any chance. Im trying my hardest to get supplys of this stuff over here, but everyones taking WEEKS to get me some from the USA, just curious!

Not sure the color, let me check with the individual I bought it off of and get back with you. Not sure if I was able to get it if I could do it any faster as most my mail is via military mail. So goes space available, which can take up to 6 months to arrive. However most stuff arrives in about 2 weeks.

ahh right that makes sense i suppose :p

I had a friend who served over here at mildenhall (i think). he is out is arizona now though.

His name wouldn't happen to be Josh by any chance?

Edited by lonbhold75 (see edit history)

• 7 months later...

Well after almost 6 months of road block after road block, my supra has finally arrived in the UK. Only aggravating bit is I am currently in Italy on business, so the wife was kind enough to take some pics and send them to me.

Sitting in its new home. Although I already have some mechanical and some aesthetic work in store.

Targa seals are shot, my brother was nice enough to throw some vinyl tape on there to seal things up for the trip over. Don't fret, there are new seals waiting in the shed.

Headlights have seen better days, plus they are LHD. Picked up a set of pre-facelift RHD on here that I will shift on before leaving, but keep me legal while here.

Also picked up a set of facelift I plan on doing a TSX projector retrofit along with turning the fog into a side/signal light, so I can remove the orange blobs in the side ducts.

Luckily previous owner was nice enough to get some facelift rears installed for me, they do look quite nice.

Doesn't appear the SMIC is in too bad of a condition, but already have a CW SMIC and HKS hard pipe kit awaiting install.

While the car was in my brother’s possession, he described what sounded like the #2 turbo seal going. Well knowing I probably wouldn't pass an MOT with a bad turbo and like the stock twins I purchased a set of hybrid twins from SpeedforSale that too are awaiting my return so they can be nestled into their new home. The standard air box will be returning too, just need to figure out if the aluminum pipe with the yellow couplers will fit the stock air box or if I need to source a #1 intake pipe.

Picture of the intake pipe mentioned above, anybody now who makes it or is it just a standard 45* pipe?

All leather interior, pretty much stock with the exception of the HKS turbo timer, APEXI AVC-R and the SPI P-series boost gauge (not sure I like the location of the boost gauge so this will be changing)

I picked up a facelift set of clocks with surround here recently and I know people say it is a huge wiring nightmare and my car being LHD into the mix and it should be quite the challenge, but I like challenges and the wiring does not seem over complicated ( I do work on F-15E fighter jets for a living). Will give it a go and see what happens, bearing in mind this is a long term project and has to be drivable for me to take it back to the states when it comes time to move.

My brother was nice enough to hook me up with a 98 steering wheel which looks nice but think I prefer the 2000 Celica wheel which I also happen to have (It happens to be a triptronic model, but the plan is to use one set of buttons to activate OD and MANU when I remove the stock shifter and replace it with either a MOMO or TRD manual version)

My co-pilot is already anxious for me to return so she can go for a spin (not to fast with the kiddies aboard of course)

According to the wife this is the worst part of the interior (driver side bolster) figure I can either source a passenger seat from one of the fine individuals on here or possibly have dude refurbish the interior (that of course is dependent on cost as I do get paid in USD).

This is apparently an HKS Super dragger, does anyone know if its suppose to be that low or is it just the angle of the picture?

As you can see it has the Veilside front, sides, and spats. I really dislike the front and have an OEM front with active spoiler waiting in the shed along with OEM skirts and spats. However I really like the looks of the Trial rear, so may go that route especially because the wife likes it too. The spoilerless look is growing on me, but since I have a Greddy spoiler in the shed while set it on when I get a chance and see if that sways me at all. I like the way the Greddy spoiler flows with the rear of the car.

Wheels, what can I say they look OK, but would like to find a nice set of forged wheels. I seem to lean towards the multispoke with a lip designs. Would love to find a set of 18" Blitz Technospeeds, but they will most likely be out of my budget at the moment.

Yes, I realize the rotors need attention. Noticed that a lot lately, seen lots of pictures of Supra's with nice wheels and rusty rotors and painted calipers. If you are going to take the time to paint your calipers, why not take the extra bit to paint the rotors while you are at it (of course not the braking surface)?

This picture shows the car was originally white, and although the current 10 year old paint job still looks to be in good shape bar the fading (although I am not sure it wasn't done like that on purpose) since I am replacing some of the panels a full respray will be in order. Currently I am torn with staying OEM and going white, or going gunmetal, although I think RSP looks quite sharp too. I have thought of black also, but being a little OCD I think it would drive me nuts. I think white would be easiest as I would not have to pull the engine (also save some cash) and have a feeling the previous owner did not pull the windows etc when getting the current paint. Won't be able to know for sure till I get back and am able to finally lay me hands on the car.

Just a random shot the wife sent me, which sparked my memory on my mirror idea. Here is the plan to have power folding, heated, electric adjustment, side repeater mirrors. Sorry don't have any pictures with me here. Since I like the look of the front bumper and fenders (wings) without side repeater and think some of the new vehicles with side repeaters built into the mirror I figured I would give it a go, only thing I haven't figured out is if I should have the lenses smoked or not (that’s pretty much dependent on the paint color I chose) Like white would look better clear and gunmetal would look better smoked IMHO. If anyone has any painter recommendations in the Cambridge area please let me know.

Well that pretty much my overall plans for my Supra, there are probably some more bits I will end up changing and or leaving alone. This by no means will all be done at once, but hope to at least have the UK legal in the next month or so, dependent on if I return home anytime soon.

Sorry for the long post, but thought I would share some of my ideas with you all and hopefully pictures of the progress shortly as most of my ideas come from others on here and the US site.

Thanks for looking, if you made it this far...lol

Edited by lonbhold75
spelling (see edit history)

am in the US Air Force serving in the UK. So the Air Force is shipping it over for me and generally parts are cheaper for me over there even with shipping.

Lucky sod...how much did they charging you for the carriage or was it a freebie!? If only I had a fleet of my own aircraft carriers!Lol!

Also why does the car have california plates on in one pic and alaska plates in he others!?

Edited by Westy (see edit history)

Lucky sod...how much did they charging you for the carriage or was it a freebie!? If only I had a fleet of my own aircraft carriers!Lol!

Also why does the car have california plates on in one pic and alaska plates in he others!?

Car probably was bought in Cali and then registeredd by him or his brother in Alaska, license plates don't stay with the cars over there, when there sold the license plates are removed and a new set is put on by the purchaser.

Anyway, welcome to the club, hope you make it to Suprapod :)

Carriage is FREE for one vehicle.

See marc_p's response to the plate he is spot on. I bought the car in California, but their taxes are crazy expensive. So luckily since I was previously stationed in Alaska I was able to register the vehicle there for about 180 USD.

Car probably was bought in Cali and then registeredd by him or his brother in Alaska, license plates don't stay with the cars over there, when there sold the license plates are removed and a new set is put on by the purchaser.

Anyway, welcome to the club, hope you make it to Suprapod :)

Thanks for the welcome and would love to make it to Suprapod, however currently being stuck in Italy with no estimated return date does present its problems in making it.

Where is LolaBoost right now? :p

Welcome mate and really nice Supe! :)

Yes I saw her posts too, but have no idea where she is..lol

Thanks for the compliment.