The mkiv Supra Owners Club

oil press 2jzgte

needy

hey guyes

i think i have a oil press problem, when the engine is cold, i have 8 bar i oil press, i think that i ok, but when the engine is warm, i only have about 0.3 to 0.6 bar in idle, and the light in my oil press gauge turns on when the engine idle.. that red light in the dash dosent turn on. i drive on 10/40 del syntetisk oil... the oil pump is neu..

is that normal ???

i can see by the toyota manuel that i says 7.1 psi (ca 0.5 bar) i idle. ive just heard other have about 2 bar in idle.. do i have a problem or not??

hey guyes

i think i have a oil press problem, when the engine is cold, i have 8 bar i oil press, i think that i ok, but when the engine is warm, i only have about 0.3 to 0.6 bar in idle, and the light in my oil press gauge turns on when the engine idle.. that red light in the dash dosent turn on. i drive on 10/40 del syntetisk oil... the oil pump is neu..

is that normal ???

i can see by the toyota manuel that i says 7.1 psi (ca 0.5 bar) i idle. ive just heard other have about 2 bar in idle.. do i have a problem or not??

Where is your sender located.

I need help with this too. ScottM wired my digital gauges today.

Without even turning the key I'm seeing 6.2bar. Even after the cars been sitting for 10 hours it's still showing 5.1 bar.

I've also developed a rather nasty oil leak which I can only assume is the front crank seal.

You cannot have oil pressure without the engine running dude.

ive done some test..

1000 rpm -> 2 bar

2000 rpm -> 4 bar

3000 rpm -> 6 bar

the engine in idle

oil temp:

60c -> 2 bar

70c -> 1.5 bar

90c -> 0.6 to 0.8 bar

95c -> 0.4 to 0.5 bar

if the car had some hard drive sortly high rpms, i kann have close to 0 bar at the oil press gauge.. but still no light comming on in the dash

i have no oil leeking..

I sh!t you not mate, I can even take a picture for you.I sent a quick text to Loopy today who said it sounded like the PRV?

Just wondering what kind of damage this would do?

Do you mean PCV? Even so, no way it's storing any pressure, never mind 80+psi! I'd have to say the wiring was at fault, or you're hooked up to a temperature gauge. Or the sensor is in so far it's crushed against something. Whatever it is, you aren't running 80psi of oil pressure with the engine switched off for 10 hours :)

Do you mean PCV? Even so, no way it's storing any pressure, never mind 80+psi! I'd have to say the wiring was at fault, or you're hooked up to a temperature gauge. Or the sensor is in so far it's crushed against something. Whatever it is, you aren't running 80psi of oil pressure with the engine switched off for 10 hours :)

Cheers mate, Ill have it checked over when it's in having the crank seal replaced. I did think 6 bar was a bit mental :blink:

ive done some test..

1000 rpm -> 2 bar

2000 rpm -> 4 bar

3000 rpm -> 6 bar

the engine in idle

oil temp:

60c -> 2 bar

70c -> 1.5 bar

90c -> 0.6 to 0.8 bar

95c -> 0.4 to 0.5 bar

if the car had some hard drive sortly high rpms, i kann have close to 0 bar at the oil press gauge.. but still no light comming on in the dash

i have no oil leeking..

Cheers mate, Ill have it checked over when it's in having the crank seal replaced. I did think 6 bar was a bit mental :blink:

Yes its got to be a wiring fault, as said not possible to see non running pressure.

ive done some test..

1000 rpm -> 2 bar

2000 rpm -> 4 bar

3000 rpm -> 6 bar

the engine in idle

oil temp:

60c -> 2 bar

70c -> 1.5 bar

90c -> 0.6 to 0.8 bar

95c -> 0.4 to 0.5 bar

i have no oil leeking..

I would have to ask what make of gauge you're using, as some have bad resolution in the lower scales.

i using motor meter stepper smoke gauges?? good or bad

Is that motor meter, or Auto meter? as i said some of them struggle with low pressure reading, i have a reasonable make in my skyline, and even that will vary between 0 and 2 psi just turned on and not running.

Try another more reliable gauge if you want to put your mind at rest.

• 2 weeks later...
I need help with this too. ScottM wired my digital gauges today.

Without even turning the key I'm seeing 6.2bar. Even after the cars been sitting for 10 hours it's still showing 5.1 bar.

I've also developed a rather nasty oil leak which I can only assume is the front crank seal.

Just to add, this is nothing to do with me. I only fitted the gauges, not the sensors :p

Were you seeing crazy bar with your other gauge or did you not notice? It's possible that the signal may be different, or the wiring may be different... we just did a straight swap afterall.

Just to add, this is nothing to do with me. I only fitted the gauges, not the sensors :p

Were you seeing crazy bar with your other gauge or did you not notice? It's possible that the signal may be different, or the wiring may be different... we just did a straight swap afterall.

I know bud :)

The other gauge was reading crazy as well, I initially thought it was the sonsor on the sandwich plate that was fecked, but the lad that done the mot this morning said the oil is spraying out throught the wiring by the looks of it.