The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cobra Alarm Opinions??

Havard

I need to get an alarm for the new car. Jurgen has offered me a Cobra to be fitted before collection or I can get an Autowatch alarm from my local fitter who is 2 miles away from home.

Problem is, if I collect the car without an alarm on the Saturday I will have two days in which the car will not be insured for theft.

Secondly if I go for the Cobra fitted in Newcastle I have one hell of a trip to sort out any problems.

I imagine that any fitter that Jurgen deals with will be good, but is the kit reliable generally?

Opinions would be greatly appreciated.

H.

Just info:

I'm getting a "Clifford avantguard" (with remote start :D) & a tracker for £825 if your interested I can give you the number. It's mobile installation so they come to you, when it suits & install. Takes 6-7 hours. All legit, with paperwork & certificates!

Just info:

I'm getting a "Clifford avantguard" (with remote start :D) & a tracker for £825 if your interested I can give you the number. It's mobile installation so they come to you, when it suits & install. Takes 6-7 hours. All legit, with paperwork & certificates!

I only need an alarm to satisfy the insurance really but I would like something reliable with a few features to play with. I doubt my budget would run to a clifford as the prices I already have are under £300..!!

Have you had it confirmed that the remote start is ok with your insurance company as most will not accept it.

H.

Not really, I'd only need his car unprotected for Sunday night before I have it stolen and sold to order to a Russian Supra collector

:D, if you want you can have my alarm? A big chinese fighting dog :D

It's a good job we are calling in at yours on the way back from Jurgens otherwise I would have to make a special trip to stab you....:D

Looks like the Cobra will be ok then. I just need some spec on it from Jurgen or his alarm man really.

H.