The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Good TT6 for 7k?

Guest Dimech90

Guest Dimech90

Hi guys

My search continues to find a supra, I want a TT 6 speed manual, preferably BPU already, good condition etc

I have a budget of around 7k.

Do you guys thinks thats good enough budget for a nice supe? As the ones i keep seeing are around 8-9k but with big bodykits (i prefer the stock look) and blingy wheels that dont seem great at all really, on the advert anyway, they look sort of ropey.

Cheers

Arran

If you wait and long enough and pounce and the right time then yes.

I sold my my TT6 bpu supra for about £6.5k but the paint was hanging but another £1k for a tidy up and it would have been perfect.

But better value for money would be to buy a single already done.

I'd say up your budget a bit personally.....

...........or adjust his search for a car that he can afford. This is one of the reasons why there are so many Supra-dogs appearing in the market place these days as people are scrimping together the money for cars which they can then not afford to upkeep.

You can but will not be mint, mine was serviced regually, just had clutch and flywheel changed along with new alarm and DVD player/compact sub and bpu with fmic and defi gauges. Oh plus had full black leather seats and interior, along with billies and uk brakes!!However although it looked good I new of a few floors in the paint and the wheels were badly kurbed! £1500 later I'm nearly where I wanted it, just active spoiler blade to fit, along with tien springs, profec b and aem afr! So u can buy for £7k but like I did know how u want the car to be and budget for it, I'm £200 over budget at the min!!

Guest Dimech90

Yeah i spent 8 months waiting for the right BMW, so im used to it lol I know its a rare and sought after car but why are they still 9k+ for a 1993 car is what baffles me as a 95 M3 E36 only goes for around 4-5k and i know its not as much car (not far off though)

Any ideas you rekon?

Arran

Yeah i spent 8 months waiting for the right BMW, so im used to it lol I know its a rare and sought after car but why are they still 9k+ for a 1993 car is what baffles me as a 95 M3 E36 only goes for around 4-5k and i know its not as much car (not far off though)

Any ideas you rekon?

Arran

It's a better car than the M3 in most repects, and certainly a better base for tuning. They are also much better looking.

Any ideas you rekon?

Arran

Very different from the E36 M3's.

They are well built cars considering their age & mileage.

ive got a 93 6 speed 2jz twin turbo jap import supra..on irish reg was bought in the uk

sometime in 2008...is running stage one mods..exhaust,panel filter,de-cat pipes,18 alloys,lowered suspention,seats,spec stage 3 clutch,loads of extra's.milage is 38,000 miles but clock was changed when imported old owner says the total millage was 110,000km...its red in colour.

engine and gearbox is 100%

its needs some paint work as has some colour fade..and had

some repair damage before at some stage.

price: im looking for it 6000 gbp cash

...........or adjust his search for a car that he can afford. This is one of the reasons why there are so many Supra-dogs appearing in the market place these days as people are scrimping together the money for cars which they can then not afford to upkeep.

Not my place to offer advice like that... was simply saying what sort of TT6 the OP could get for that kind of money. Whether he can afford it or not is something only he can decide, I'd assume he's already looked into running costs, servicing/spares etc.... ;):cool:

Guest Dimech90

Are they really that expensive to run then? Thought theyd prove to be very reliable if only taken to sort of BPU level and reguarly serviced etc. I work for a main dealer so servicing etc is not a problem

I feel like I'm always putting fuel in mine, but it's been very reliable. I get mine serviced every 4-5k with Silkolene Pro-S and change the plugs every 6k. Aside from replacing other fluids, gearbox, diff oil and the run the of the mill wear and tear items (brake pads) etc I've not had to do anything else to it... I could just be lucky though. The fuel costs really do mount up though, so a good thing maybe to work out your monthly/weekly mileage and do some sums. Take into account servicing costs and being able to spend the money to fix things if they go wrong. If you can only just afford it after you've done the sums, then maybe put some more thought into deciding on if it's the right car.

Be warned though, if things do go wrong, you may have to spend large amounts of money, but personally I see the Supra as any other similar aged performance car in terms of running costs and as long as you go into it with your eyes wide open then you shouldn't have a problem.

I have found mine to be incredibly reliable though, but I do look after it very well and get things checked regularly...