The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New here and requesting help.

JohnHorner

Hi to everyone and I look forward to being a part of the members.

I live in North Yorks and come with a little problem that I have with my MKiv 1994 TT Supra.

The drivers seat is powered, (The back rest is ok on raking) however, suddenly the front to rear movement no longers works properly. i.e. it is moving slightly using the motor on one track (the right when sat in the seat) but twisting on the runners hence not working on the other track(left). I have looked and dont even know how to get the drivers seat out for further inspection.

Does anyone have any ideas suggestions and tips please?

Thanks in anticipation and best regards.

John

Edited by JohnHorner
Grammatical error (see edit history)

the seats are attached by 4 bolts (or is it 5? i think one of the rear feet as 2 bolts but could be wrong) that are under 4 plastic clips/covers. They pop off easy enough with a flat headed screwdriver. Then you can undo the bolts and pull the seat out.

Hope that helps. Welcome by the way.

Just happened to me this. The plastic cogs on the seat will be worn and the seat probably will get worse the more you play with it.

I would personally wind the seat forward and undo the bolts at the back on the floor, you may get away with electrically moving the seat forward or you may need to use the adjustment bolts that under a balck plastic cover at the front of the seat, they run level with the seat runners, two small screws remove the plastic and the bolts are 10mm and 12mm if memory serves.

This can be a PITA if the bolt unscrews as you won't be able to wind the seat forward without the nut coming off. In the end I twatted the thread until the bolt was permanently jammed on and wound the seat forward.

Good luck.

H.

Hi to everyone and I look forward to being a part of the members.

I live in North Yorks and come with a little problem that I have with my MKiv 1994 TT Supra.

The drivers seat is powered, (The back rest is ok on raking) however, suddenly the front to rear movement no longers works properly. i.e. it is moving slightly using the motor on one track (the right when sat in the seat) but twisting on the runners hence not working on the other track(left). I have looked and dont even know how to get the drivers seat out for further inspection.

Does anyone have any ideas suggestions and tips please?

Thanks in anticipation and best regards.

John

i had same problem but i just got a new seat as another member was giving it away

for the time being you can move the seat manually get a socket set and look under your seat at the rail that is stuck and you should see a bolt facing towards your pedals you the socket on that whilst moving working rail with the control

hope this helps

Wow guys Thanks for your responses so far. They obviously vary a bit, but hopefully it is one of the easier solutions which provides the answer otherwise it sounds as though I may be posting the next plea for help with; Does anyone know of a spare drivers seat going anywhere?

Any way in the meantime I will try some of the above tomorrow and thank you all for your responses.

Best regards

John

Wow guys Thanks for your responses so far. They obviously vary a bit, but hopefully it is one of the easier solutions which provides the answer otherwise it sounds as though I may be posting the next plea for help with; Does anyone know of a spare drivers seat going anywhere?

Any way in the meantime I will try some of the above tomorrow and thank you all for your responses.

Best regards

John

Keron probably has some

Mine stopped working properly a couple of months ago, it kept twisting when trying to move it. I had a look under the seat and found a white plastic screw that had come out from the running gear, screwed it back in and worked again :innocent:

You were spot on with your analysis GJP top of the class mate. Thank you.

My money is on the cogs, they all go eventually..:(
Sorry Harvard you lost your money but I'm sure your reputation is intact. Thanks for your suggestions and maybe next time you will be spot on the money too, so cheers.

Thanks to everyone who was kind enough to take the time out to reply to me.

The small plastic grub screw fits in the the passenger side of the drivers seat and keeps the axel arm alligned and in place centrally on its own axis. Found it on the carpet right underneath the seat. Located the the hole it belongs in with my fingertips and manage to move the seat forward whilst holding the screw at the same time. This enabled me to locate and remove the five securing bolts that hold the seat in and remove the seat. Re-locate the plastic screw in the hole and tighten. Replace the cables and seat and BINGO. It bloody works.!

Phew!

Thank you once again to all of you.

Best regards.

John [GRIN][/GRIN]