The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New pads and discs all round!

SupraMan Mk4

Hi peeps I have an aero import NA JZA80 and am looking at getting new pads and discs. Ideally looking for road Red stuff pads, not to be confused with red stuff racing pads! (I know ppl are divided on the effectivness of these but ive never had a problem with them and seem to be rather effective, possibly as mines not a Turbo.)

Anyway, does anybody know what sort of price I will be looking at for this, or better still, know anywhere that I may look to purchase them?

Thanks in advance.

Paul.

It did cross my mind, but arent these aimed more at the single T and double T boys?

There may be a difference between an accelerating turbo Supra and an accelerating NA Supra, but when it comes to decelerating/stopping there is no difference.

Go for the best setup you can afford, the stock OEM Toyota discs are good quality and relatively cheap and Chris Wilson's pads are some of the most popular on here.

Do you know which Supra brakes you have fitted, as there were 2 options? If you're unsure post some pics.

There may be a difference between an accelerating turbo Supra and an accelerating NA Supra, but when it comes to decelerating/stopping there is no difference.

Go for the best setup you can afford, the stock OEM Toyota discs are good quality and relatively cheap and Chris Wilson's pads are some of the most popular on here.

Do you know which Supra brakes you have fitted, as there were 2 options? If you're unsure post some pics.

I dont have a clue to be honest. Ill try and take some pics of the discs, pads, caliper at lunch and hopefully you guys can inform me. The previous owner was some oldish fella and he didnt seem to remember. As he had covered only 3000 kms in the last 3 years and had now forgotten.....helpful I know! :)

I dont have a clue to be honest. Ill try and take some pics of the discs, pads, caliper at lunch and hopefully you guys can inform me. The previous owner was some oldish fella and he didnt seem to remember. As he had covered only 3000 kms in the last 3 years and had now forgotten.....helpful I know! :)

They are probably the smaller 2pot front/1pot rear brakes as it's an NA, but always best to double check if you're not sure.

I've got UK Brake setup on mine. Brakes were rubbish when I got the car.

Went for new Stock Discs, CW Pads, Braided Hoses and RBF600 fluid. Just done 2 consecutive trackdays this week and brakes were spot on!!!!

I think I came in under £500 in the end.

How much are braided hoses going for now adays then?? :search:

As ive just been on the blower and been quoted £440 inc VAT for Stock Discs all round and CW pads all round.

• 6 months later...

Hi mate,ive got the same car (none turbo) and just use it for track days.ive tried the lot and honestly i dont think you can beat stock toyoya disks and pads!!!! ive NEVER had brake fade (even on cadwell park) and they ware well.plus ive just put a new set of disks and pads on all round and toyota now as standard paint the inside of the disck black....i used to paint them when they came so that was a nice suprise.