The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Been really down recently...dam this Supra....

Evil_Nuts

Hi guys...been quiet here lately as the car has pissed me off quite badly, i had to fit a h/gasket, w/pump and stat not long after i had it....all was well for 2 weeks until i moved my car off the drive and found a big puddle of oil, turns out now the front main seal had gone, and when i fitted the new seal and cam belt, i was running it up, my back went, i then fell over the cowling for the fan, pushed it down and the fan hit and snapped a blade......(buggar), so now i have a wobble on it...... This really pissed me off.....big style, to the point i was really thinking of selling it.

Anyways.....off on hols next week so I'll source a fan soon and decide what I'm gonna do.........ironically since, even with the fan vibration the thing has been running great....all i need is the fan and a new BOV.....aint life grand????[ANGRY][/ANGRY]

Quite how fiddling with a car can "get you down" I don't know. We all get a bit depressed, but as a sanity check consider the young man at Donington last Saturday, track daying his M3. He was in a wheel chair, obviously permanently seriously disabled, kicking a lightweight trolley jack around the car, jacking a front corner up one side at a time, undoing five wheel nuts, taking the wheel off with the aid of a piece of wood as a lever, then undoing the top strut nuts by wedging himself between his `chair and the wing. Once he had undone them he used 2 short threaded steel tubes with rings on the end which he attached to the strut centre threads, then, getting a ratchet strap from the boot he attached the strap between the tops of the two front struts. Using the ratchet buckle he pulled the struts inwards until scribed marks lined up, whereupon he re tightened the nuts, and checked the other side. He then levered the wheels up and on and did up the nuts, lowered the car, and torqued the nuts from his `chair. He didn't want help, it was a "challenge" for him. He then turned in superb laps until he had to drive to East Midlands Airport for fuel. He then turned in more laps in the afternoon, and presumably did the same in reverse to conserve tyre wear before driving home. He was happy, cheerful and a total sanity check. Still feel really down.......???? I felt a bit *issed off with my understeer until I watched that. After seeing him my troubles were zero, zilch, and I will remember him next time "something goes wrong" and consider the situation with a new perspective.

Quite how fiddling with a car can "get you down" I don't know. We all get a bit depressed, but as a sanity check consider the young man at Donington last Saturday, track daying his M3. He was in a wheel chair, obviously permanently seriously disabled, kicking a lightweight trolley jack around the car, jacking a front corner up one side at a time, undoing five wheel nuts, taking the wheel off with the aid of a piece of wood as a lever, then undoing the top strut nuts by wedging himself between his `chair and the wing. Once he had undone them he used 2 short threaded steel tubes with rings on the end which he attached to the strut centre threads, then, getting a ratchet strap from the boot he attached the strap between the tops of the two front struts. Using the ratchet buckle he pulled the struts inwards until scribed marks lined up, whereupon he re tightened the nuts, and checked the other side. He then levered the wheels up and on and did up the nuts, lowered the car, and torqued the nuts from his `chair. He didn't want help, it was a "challenge" for him. He then turned in superb laps until he had to drive to East Midlands Airport for fuel. He then turned in more laps in the afternoon, and presumably did the same in reverse to conserve tyre wear before driving home. He was happy, cheerful and a total sanity check. Still feel really down.......???? I felt a bit *issed off with my understeer until I watched that. After seeing him my troubles were zero, zilch, and I will remember him next time "something goes wrong" and consider the situation with a new perspective.

wow, that puts things in perspective some time doesn't it. Reminds me of my brother-in-law who is also an iron chair track guy, strangely enough with his M3 CSL or his audi quattro that he has. Same sort of mentallity, strong determination.

I had two fan blades snap off on my way back from suprapod when my loose shroud fouled the fan, never drove the car except on then off the trailer (an 11 hour ordeal, scuffed diffuser etc that I'd rather not relive lol) got a replacement for a tenner delivered off a member on here. You should put up a wanted thread. :)

I had two fan blades snap off on my way back from suprapod when my loose shroud fouled the fan, never drove the car except on then off the trailer (an 11 hour ordeal, scuffed diffuser etc that I'd rather not relive lol) got a replacement for a tenner delivered off a member on here. You should put up a wanted thread. :)

Have done dude.....luckily i'm on hol next week when work want their car back....so the supra will be sat in the garage till then....

I have been paralysed from t3 for 24 years and so far have restored everything from fast fords,928's,zx's,and plenty of bikes,i have my own compreser,mig welder,ramps jacks,you name it i'll have a go at it,been working on my supra now 9 mounths,it has hand controls fixed on it,and i had to get a 3 grand chair just to fit in the supra,so if you feel hard done by try my life,and i make my own hand controls to boot,i just can't spell , i will be going to see mr chris wilson soon because the one thing i can't fix is the leak on my gear box,i can take a box out and put it back in [just crap at seals]

I have been paralysed from t3 for 24 years and so far have restored everything from fast fords,928's,zx's,and plenty of bikes,i have my own compreser,mig welder,ramps jacks,you name it i'll have a go at it,been working on my supra now 9 mounths,it has hand controls fixed on it,and i had to get a 3 grand chair just to fit in the supra,so if you feel hard done by try my life,and i make my own hand controls to boot,i just can't spell , i will be going to see mr chris wilson soon because the one thing i can't fix is the leak on my gear box,i can take a box out and put it back in [just crap at seals]

I wasn't trying to upset or annoy anyone dude....sorry

No you have not upset me,i just carry on what ever is put in my way,it's a shame i had to get a chair for 3k,just to fit in a supra,or i'd have it bpu now by chris,ive got most things to finish it,just going to save the rest of the cash,my point is,Don't give up!!!

No you have not upset me,i just carry on what ever is put in my way,it's a shame i had to get a chair for 3k,just to fit in a supra,or i'd have it bpu now by chris,ive got most things to finish it,just going to save the rest of the cash,my point is,Don't give up!!!

I've always thought about the 'what if' situation of being disabled and it usually worries me in the fact that it could happen, however, people like you make me feel better in the fact that yes it might make a few things more awkward but I guess you just get on with your life the same as before.

My crash was in 1986 going up port hill in shrewsbury on a z650,i was 23 and 6'3 and fit as a butchers dog,guy parks on yellow lines and i clip him and then the s@@t hits the fan,i could not get any cash off his insurance,24 years ago there was No Win No Fee Solicitors,so i got nothing,lol that's life,but i love cars so i'll keep on fixing them,free spray jobs for my mates bikes,welding bla bla ,lol