The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aero Alarm

SupraMan Mk4

Hi Guys,

New to the forum and to the Supra owners club.

I have a query surrounding the alarm system on my recently purchased Aero.

It seems that when I have the roof off and park up, activate the alarm/central locking that the car alarm will go off after a very short time (I assume this is due to the fact the roof is missing) Is there anyway to change the sensor setting on the current one or can anybody recommend an alternative alram/immobiliser syatem for the Aero.

Thanks in advance guys and look forward to meeting some of you at upcoming events in the South.

Paul

depends what alarm you have.

With a laserline alarm like mine you press the button to lock it, then press the other button and it beeps once to say internal sensors are off.

This seems to be the type of one that I am after Jackso.

Any idea of the model you have as may just go straight online and get one.

The one I have currently just seems very standard. Locks, sets alarm and immobiliser all at the same time which is great.....except for those summer days when you just want to leave the roof off and lock it.:)

On my alarm you press the fob before you turn the car off, then press it to lock it, and the internal sensors are deactivated. Can't remember the make of my alarm at the mo though!

But I'd assume if you have an aftermarket alarm it'll have the option somehow