The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just crashed my Supra, need advice with the damage.

grandiaerbest

I was driving along traffic in mid day and all of a sudden a sheep comes on the road and the car in front of me stopped really fast. and I put my foot on the brake as hard as I could, but it was not enough and I hit in the back of the other car.

The other car got almost no damage, but mine got some damage partly because of the fact that my bumper is of fibreglass.

This was my fault since I have to keep a safe distance to the car in front of me in case something like this happens.

I have some pictures here, will get more tomorrow. Was wondering what you guys think of the damage and how much work needs doing.

I have already talked to both Keron and MVP Motorsports. I am thinking of buying a TRD replica kit from MVP as I love the TRD kit and now I have a excuse to fit one on the car, lol.

Pictures here: (Sorry they are so large, I do not know how to make them smaller. Not that good with computers)

http://yfrog.com/2mp8310166j

p8310166.jpg

p8310169.jpg

Edited by grandiaerbest
Pictures were too large, made them smaller. (see edit history)

Is that chassis leg bent? I's a bit difficult to tell as the pics only show a bit of the car.

If it's bent then you might be looking at it being written off. Unless it's something very special and there are no inner wing creases it's unlikely any insurance company will repair it.

EDIT - just seen you're in Denmark, so the rules may be different there.

Is that chassis leg bent? I's a bit difficult to tell as the pics only show a bit of the car.

If it's bent then you might be looking at it being written off.

I will not go through the insurance company as I have not insured it against this kinda crash. I had it only insured so that my insurance pays for fixing the other persons car.

I think the chassis leg is bent. is that the small one in the middle that also holds the headlights? if so it is bent. Could I not just weld a new one on?

From the pics it looks like the main cause for the extent of the damage is because the front crash bar has been removed - poss to fit the bumper!?!

And as Homer has already said the front leg does not look in good health.

Hope the damage is not as bad as it looks :(

This is the part you need to be concerned about, arrowed in red on my car, the other frame work around the lights isnt a drama and not hard to sort out.

Get the bumper off yours then you could measure across both legs and you'll soon know if its bent, im sure someone can give you the dimension from their car.

DSCF0827.JPG

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)