The mkiv Supra Owners Club

can you get at the oil pressure sensor?

Lude

can you actually get at the stock sensor?

i think i can see it, im guessing easier to get to from underneath?

will be using my double adapter for my oil pressure sensor in place of stock.

can it be accessed from underneath? have to remove anything to get to it?

or can you only get at it when engine is out?

PS would like to fit it there as cannot justify 20 quid for the lexus bolt mod!

Yeah, from underneath is much easier than from above. Just take the engine undertray and fan belt off then take the air-con pump off. I think it's only a few bolts and a nut on a stud. You'll need to remove the stud to get the pump out of the way as it's a long one. The end of the stud has some kind of star drive, I'm not sure on the technical name.

To get the sensor out you'll need either a 24mm or 27mm deep socket. It depends on which sensor you have fitted. I don't think there's a way of knowing until you get to the sensor.

Lexus bolt job? is that the sump method?

Why not use a sandwich plate on the oil filter? These normally come with 2 or 3 threads for temp and pressure sensors.

na the lexus bolt is the one that goes by the oil filted in the side.

the sump bolt is another thing again.

yea tbh i dont really wana spend 50 quid on the sandwhich plate.

i had one before & for some reason my gages didnt work on prev car.

i have a tripple adapter thing iv had for years, which goes where the stock sensor is, then can put there.

You're not making sense, sorry. I assume you have already purchased the gauges, etc to monitor what you deem necessary, yet feel that £50 to enable them to work properly isn't worth it?

They aren't £50 by the way

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OIL-FILTER-SANDWICH-ADAPTER-TOYOTA-SUPRA-93-97-94-95-96-/160473406538?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM

Try this................;)

You're not making sense, sorry. I assume you have already purchased the gauges, etc to monitor what you deem necessary, yet feel that £50 to enable them to work properly isn't worth it?

They aren't £50 by the way

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OIL-FILTER-SANDWICH-ADAPTER-TOYOTA-SUPRA-93-97-94-95-96-/160473406538?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM

Try this................;)

yea thanks mate, yea i have 4 Greddy gaauges, they cost over £350 i think lol

i already have the double adapter, so would rarther try use that than spending even more money. £400 sounds a bit much for me to have spent on gauges :D