The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Apexi Panel Filter

Dnk

I might just sell it but i'd like to see what the differance is on the dyno first.

FRSport.com sell them for a very reasonable price :)

No hastle Dunk, I found them eve cheaper here http://www.wbperformance.com/store-products-500-A025-Apexi-Power-Intake-Universal-Filter-80MM-Flange_41170091.html

Works out a $108 delivered, that'll do me :thumbs:

No hastle Dunk, I found them eve cheaper here http://www.wbperformance.com/store-products-500-A025-Apexi-Power-Intake-Universal-Filter-80MM-Flange_41170091.html

Works out a $108 delivered, that'll do me :thumbs:

Thats a universal power intake filter not a panel filter as dnk wanted. All Apexi OEM replacements filters I have seen are "discontinued"

The tests i saw on the induction filters showed Apexi to be the best and having had their filters on my car for a number of years now i'd like to stick with what i know works.

http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/filters_test/2/

I can only find one place listing them which is Karuma Motoring on ebay, im supprised if these are still available why no one else is selling them, i wonder if these are the real deal ?

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

The tests i saw on the induction filters showed Apexi to be the best and having had their filters on my car for a number of years now i'd like to stick with what i know works.

Mate, firstly you're talking about panel filters, not induction kits, and secondly K&N is probably the most widely used for motorsport in the UK, with a 1000000-mile warranty. Seriously, K&N will work as well - if not better - than the Apexi.

Mate, firstly you're talking about panel filters, not induction kits, and secondly K&N is probably the most widely used for motorsport in the UK, with a 1000000-mile warranty. Seriously, K&N will work as well - if not better - than the Apexi.

Apexi's panel and cone filters are made from the same material as are K & N's panel and cone filters so don't really see that making any differance.

I dont doubt K & N work very well, i work in motorsport so know there are lots of people that use them on race cars etc, i just like sticking with what i've had on my car and prefered the non oiled Apexi.

I think for now i'll buy an O/E one as i need it for JAE and if i can't get the Apexi i'll have a re think.

Anyone know of anywhere selling genuine Apexi for the supra :search:

Thanks for the info :thumbs:

I've emailed them to see how quickly they can send me one, shame they haven't got a phone number on the website, i guess we'll see how good they are.

I've also emailed FRSport and see what they can do.

Have you used ninjapower before ?

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)