The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Finally I own a Supra!!!

Guest Chrisember

Guest Chrisember

Hi Guys,

Last week I picked up the car I have dreamed of owning since I was a teenager. I was lucky enough to inherit a little money and I decided that I'd finally buy a TT Supra.

I picked her up last week from Blackpool and drove her up to Fife in Scotland where I live. She is a 1995 TT Supra (UK Spec) with 98K on clock.

Mechanically she appears sound and the engine pull is amazing. Comsmetically she is a little tired, could do with a respray, leather seats need work.

I have a few technical questions which I'll post in the right place later. Look forward to chatting to you all.

Cheers,

Chris.

Guest Chrisember

Hi all thanks for the welcome.

Here are some pics. These were taken by the garage and the car isnt particularly shiny so they dont do it justice, I have taken loads and will post them when I get a chance.

Out of interest, if you look at the pic of the dash, there is a red button to the 2 o'clock position next to the ignition. I havent pushed it yet (red buttons are usually bad!). Does anybody else have this, I cant find anything in the owners manual about it?

Cheers, Chris.

supra5.jpg

supra6.jpg

Guest Dan_griffin11

you sir are a bellend :p, i've been trying to contact them for 2 weeks about this car, with no reply! Hopefully it goes well for ya! How much did you pay!?

Guest Chrisember
you sir are a bellend :p, i've been trying to contact them for 2 weeks about this car, with no reply! Hopefully it goes well for ya! How much did you pay!?

Sorry mate!! I decided that I wanted a UK spec supra for insurance reasons and when this once came up I couldnt believe the price!! I paid 4.5K. It isnt mint by any means but I think it should tidy up nicely given time and money and more time to save the money!!!

Picked it up last week and drove it up to Scotland. Actually I was sat in the car having just bought it when the garage owner came over to me and asked if I was taking it as there was a guy on the phone asking about it....I wonder it that was you!!!

Hope you find the right car soon.

Cheers, Chris.

Guest Dan_griffin11

very good and a nice little project, i am about to shell out almost 7k for a uk spec now! Hope all goes well for you, and i'd love a look when i pop up to Edinburgh december 6th if possible!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Chrisember

No probs Dan, I should be about December 6th, drop me a message a few days before.

Discovered the alloys are warped and causing quite bad vibes through steering at certain speeds and it hops like mad over bumps. Guess what now on my shopping list!!

Cheers, Chris.