The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Where to get a TRD kit and fitted?

TLicense

I'm currently on for a couple of decent sized bonuses at the end of the year / beginning of next.

I'm thinking of getting a full original TRD kit fitted, but don't know where to get such a kit or who is regarded as the current best bodywork place to fit it.

So given a money no object situation, who would do the best quality job?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must be a hell of a bonus then :D

The best place id say to get one is MVP. Dusty should be able to sort you out.

In regards to fitting, my guess would be knightracer maybe?

Yeah it should be pretty good. Depends if we can keep them pesky Williams behind us or not. Plus I have a good 'loyalty bonus' for sticking with the company for 5 years coming not long after our championship bonus.

I've only seen some of the earlier stuff that the knightracer boys did and to be totally honest, I wasn't all that impressed. I think it may have been part of the Turbofit collaboration they had at the time.

we can get one in our container mate a genuine KIT from TRD..

Nice one. :) Can you pm me a delivered price?

Who do you use for your bodywork stuff Jurgen? Ideally I'd prefer someone closer, so I can be a pain in the arse if it's not 100% perfect, but if I'm guaranteed a perfect result straight off then I'm more than happy to travel...

Cheers!

Yeah it should be pretty good. Depends if we can keep them pesky Williams behind us or not. Plus I have a good 'loyalty bonus' for sticking with the company for 5 years coming not long after our championship bonus.

I've only seen some of the earlier stuff that the knightracer boys did and to be totally honest, I wasn't all that impressed. I think it may have been part of the Turbofit collaboration they had at the time.

Nice one. :) Can you pm me a delivered price?

Who do you use for your bodywork stuff Jurgen? Ideally I'd prefer someone closer, so I can be a pain in the arse if it's not 100% perfect, but if I'm guaranteed a perfect result straight off then I'm more than happy to travel...

Cheers!

we use x2 companies mate..

if you want a top top job then we use one garage over the other as the guy is a perfectionist..

they are both good..

sashas car was done at this guys garage, all my other stuff is still good stuff but its done at a better price at other garage.

so if your willing to pay then adrian is your guy.

(he is currently doing r35 gtr and another supra for me) he is fussy and does not cut corners.

Must be a hell of a bonus then :D

The best place id say to get one is MVP. Dusty should be able to sort you out.

In regards to fitting, my guess would be knightracer maybe?

I dont think the kit MVP sells is original but it is regarded as very good i hear.

Not a cheap job to do, original kit £7k plus delivery, Proper set of wheels/tyres £4k+? Good bodyshop 5k+?

I can see 15-20k going on this with ease if you want a 100% job, as with anything there is plenty of corners that could be cut but i dont see you doing that, look forward to the project thread:cool:

I like the TRD kit but do you really want a car covered in fibreglass?

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

I'm sure I heard somewhere that the company that makes the TRD kit for MVP is the same company that makes the originals.

On a personal note, I've just fitted a full TRD kit from MVP and it literally went straight on with no mods as all. Was a total perfect fit. Can't see the point in spending an extra Few grand just to say it's genuine. Most if not everyone couldn't tell the difference.