The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Looks like i am going to do a big Turbo conversion over winter...

ManwithSupra

Just got back from a little spirited drive around some country roads and parked up back at home after waiting for a few mins (to cool the old twins down). I blipped the throttle and guess what, a little puff of blue smoke appeared :(

After a little while i did it again and the same thing happened so looks like the twins have popped a seal somewhere so i Turned her off and then went indoors waited for an hour had a cuppa and a twix and popped back outside with my wife so she can start it up so i can check for smoke on start up etc.

She started it up all clear no smoke, waited until operating temp was reached then a blip of the throttle and yep you guessed it a very little puff of blue smoke popped out of the exhaust, so this must be the turbo seals on their way out.

Said to the wife that to sort this out i will need to change the turbos and this is the oppertunity i spoke to her about before going for a big single turbo. She then said and i quote "Only one (with a :blink: look her face), i like the idea it already has two turbos it sounds better to have two, going to one seems a step back, cant you get a like a big twin turbo setup instead" ... :D

Ok then.... any reccomendations on big tub setups i know whifbitz is doing their own kit, anyone taken the plunge with these as yet??

I would like to keep the autobox as i have some plans for that later on down the line, so probably just want to max at 400-450bhp for now (and keep replacing boxes :D) and if i can increase the strength of the stock box then a bit more later on :cool:

Its nice to have a wife that likes cars... :D

Said to the wife that to sort this out i will need to change the turbos and this is the oppertunity i spoke to her about before going for a big single turbo. She then said and i quote "Only one (with a :blink: look her face)

Richard mate, this sounds as if you've set the poor girl up:D - bless her. She doesn't know that she now needs to sell her house.

Ok then.... any reccomendations on big tub setups i know whifbitz is doing their own kit, anyone taken the plunge with these as yet??

I would like to keep the autobox as i have some plans for that later on down the line, so probably just want to max at 400-450bhp for now (and keep replacing boxes :D) and if i can increase the strength of the stock box then a bit more later on :cool:

If it was me I would go with the following, good for around 500-550hp and very responsive, perfect street setup IMO.

14020-AT002 HKS Turbo Setup Kit

Garrett GT3542R DBB Turbo

Power Enterprise SH650A or SH800A Injectors - fit stock fuel rail

Bosch 044 Fuel Pump

Blow Off Valve + Weld On Flange

Turbo Blanket

Spark Plugs

ECU - whatever the mapper recommends

Gauges - AFR, Boost, Oil Pressure, etc.

Boost Controller

Intercooler?