The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Commercial

McCaberSupra

Well with Mr Gormley of the Green Party doing his bit to muck Ireland up worse than it already is I would think twice about it dude.

He's hoping to get the authorities to clamp down on people using commercial vehicles for social and domestic purposes. If he gets his way you can literally be done for stopping at the shops on your way home from work in a van or dropping the kids to work in a crew cab thats taxed as a commercial.

Its going to be tough enough to get away with it in an actual commercial vehicle, as in built like that from the factory, but if you get pulled in a Supra that has been converted you'll never stand a chance as they'll simply regard you as a tax dodger in the first place.

Well with Mr Gormley of the Green Party doing his bit to muck Ireland up worse than it already is I would think twice about it dude.

He's hoping to get the authorities to clamp down on people using commercial vehicles for social and domestic purposes. If he gets his way you can literally be done for stopping at the shops on your way home from work in a van or dropping the kids to work in a crew cab thats taxed as a commercial.

Its going to be tough enough to get away with it in an actual commercial vehicle, as in built like that from the factory, but if you get pulled in a Supra that has been converted you'll never stand a chance as they'll simply regard you as a tax dodger in the first place.

Yeah i've been hearing alot about this clamp down Damien. I also have a friend in the tax office who says that they only want people who has a registered company to be able to tax commercials :rolleyes:.

I know, you'll need to sign a declaration in front of a Garda stating the vehicle will only be used for business reasons.

Man, I'd love to introduce that prick Gormley to a high branch and a short piece of rope.

Ironic that a tree should so ably assist in the Minister for the Environment's demise!

Has anyone made their Supra a commercial? Ive heard about people doing it to save on tax. Just an idea at the mo but could be a runner. Anyone got any recommendations?

I know a uy from Kerry who converted his to a commercial.

PM me if you want his number. He's sound.

bye law they have to give you the commercial rate of road tax if you take out the seats and seat belts bolt up the holes, however they know what your doing and i was told by motor tax office dont get stopped by garda driving social and domestic, the car or car van will be impounded. if your living outside of dublin you might have better chance.

bye law they have to give you the commercial rate of road tax if you take out the seats and seat belts bolt up the holes, however they know what your doing and i was told by motor tax office dont get stopped by garda driving social and domestic, the car or car van will be impounded. if your living outside of dublin you might have better chance.

im debatin whether or not its worth the risk

Lets just say I've not heard of one person who was ever happy with a car from him. I won't be stating reasons why for legal reasons though. Do a search through some Irish forums and see how much of a reputation he has. A guy I know recently had his fair share of problems with Paul on a very low mileage R34 GTR.

Not sure if this is predator :)

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/91902-warning-all-irish-owners.html

Edited by supramkivcork (see edit history)

Lets just say I've not heard of one person who was ever happy with a car from him. I won't be stating reasons why for legal reasons though. Do a search through some Irish forums and see how much of a reputation he has. A guy I know recently had his fair share of problems with Paul on a very low mileage R34 GTR.

Not sure if this is predator :)

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/91902-warning-all-irish-owners.html

thanks bro

Red one. 95. 2jz. Do ya think it'd be worth my while venturing up to SSI?

Yes, if you want a specialest and to ensure your car is running as it should be

Cant recommend Colin and Marty enough, they know these cars inside out, from Dublin you could do it in a little over an hour