The mkiv Supra Owners Club

WTF is JAE?

Jake

I know what JAE stands for but what is it?

What happens there? Is there racing?

It's not just a gathering of Jap cars is it? Why's it so popular? I notice a hell of a lot of folks are planning on going (or rather talking about it)

Is JAE also know as "Billing" or is that something else?

Originally posted by Bobbeh

Yeah, Japanese Auto Extravanaza at Billing Aquadrome.. basically a big car meet :) But in a relatively scenic location :) Its a family event, no racing, except to and from the event :p

:disappointed: So it's just a bunch of jap cars in a field. Can't see my Mrs going for that.

Thanks for the explanation though. :thumbs:

Jake, it sounds like the usual type of event but theres so much more there. Its sort of like Trax without the racing. Theres hundreds of car clubs, more traders than you could possibly imagine being in the same field, beer tent, fireworks on the Saturday night. If you enjoyed the event last weekend with camping n drinking n puking then JAE is pretty much the same sort of thing but better organised. Billing is a huge family campsite, so theres restaurants, amusements, watersports, a little train thing...the list goes on.

JB

Jake - a few photos that might help you get an idea of what it's like:

JAE 2001 - I liked MR2s then

JAE 2002 - Still liked MR2s but more Supra pics now :)

JAE 2003 - What's an MR2? Supra purchased :)

It's a great weekend but I'm getting a bit tired of it after 3 years of pretty much the same thing so I'll just be popping down for one day this time rather than staying the weekend but it's well worth a look, even more so if you've never been before.

Originally posted by Branners

.....so theres restaurants, amusements, watersports, a little train thing...the list goes on.

JB

Oooo, little train thing! thats sold it for me! :D I'll be bringing the nipper along so I've got an excuse to go on it too!!! :cool:

Originally posted by mcanny

Jake - a few photos that might help you get an idea of what it's like

Cool pics, I cant believe you managed to snap me in 2002 (and Martin F and mrs by the looks of it too) :D

My first JAE, ah memories :music:

http://www.megaboost.co.uk/old/pics/mr2/meets/jae2002/DCP_1961.JPG