The mkiv Supra Owners Club

fitting boost controller to dash (pics)

dwayne

i had a go at fitting my controller to the dash panel the other day. before, it was sat over a blanked off heater vent but the angle of it and the sunlight made it hard to see during the day so i filled in the vent hole and made a surround for the controller and then cut the panel so i could recess part of it giving a better view from the driver seat. i am going to repaint the panels again cos i'm not happy with the finish and its very dusty in there at the moment but what do you think?

i'd like to see any mods you guys have done to yours to make them a little different so feel free to post them up. personally i think the heater controls could do with being changed for something different cos imo they are a little old looking now

and yes... i know my gearknob is for a non lift reverse but i have sorted that since taking the pics ;)

cheers guys

If you want fresh looking heater control buttons they can be purchased individually fom Toyota, They are not expensive. The ones in your pic are very yellow

yeah, i did think about getting new ones but i thought it might look good if heater controls from a newer model toyota could be wired in and the whole panel blanked and re-cut to fit them. the problem i have with giving that a go is me and wires dont normally get on too well :)

i might have a bash at it if i find a decent set that look like they would be more or less compatible cos i'm sure its possible for someone with the know how

cheers guys

yeah, i did think about getting new ones but i thought it might look good if heater controls from a newer model toyota could be wired in and the whole panel blanked and re-cut to fit them. the problem i have with giving that a go is me and wires dont normally get on too well :)

i might have a bash at it if i find a decent set that look like they would be more or less compatible cos i'm sure its possible for someone with the know how

The next owner of your car won't thank you for chopping all the dash wiring up :D

i wasnt going to cut up the loom, i was going to make a wiring harness using the connectors from a spare heater control box so i didnt have to damage the existing loom at all. definatly wouldnt be easy...trying to find controls that i think would suit has been hard enough already :D

• 2 months later...