The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello all! Help Needed!

Guest Dan_griffin11

Guest Dan_griffin11

Hello all! Have been a reader for a while and the wealth of knowledge on here is incredible! So thought it time i joined up! I'm 18 from ipswich, and i don't currently own a supra. But this is were i need help. I Have a budget of

Cheers :)

Guest Dan_griffin11

i have been reading! i have a few quotes around the 1600 mark. which may sound alot to you older folk! But it's half what i would pay for my focus st! Aprecciate i do sound like a dreamer, but i work for ford full time and still live with my family . So Running costs etc arn't a problem with no bills or outgoings apart from a phone!

Do you guys really think i wont find one for that price? i saw 1 or 2 being sold on here for just over, but they've gone :( I don't know if i can warrent spending more on a car that will only be used in the dry at weekends!

supras are at their best in the rain with traction control off :) good luck with the car find. mine is an import and i got it on budget and its a very clean model and through sky insurance i pay 800ish with mods all on policy and im 25.. bit older but u never know.. worth a look at sky insurance

pretty sure there is a 'rough around the edges' one for sale on autotrader for this sort of money............so they are out there. I would question though whether its a bit of a false economy over a 6-7K car but you may be ok as if like you say its a project/work in progress car :)

Guest Dan_griffin11

i have seen the one you mean i think, ripped interior? Blue? I shall give them and sky insurance a call in the morn. I Don't mind spending money as a work in progress. As It's a good hobby, and i can make myself forget how much the whole project is spending :p. Thanks for your help guys!

Just remember if you buy a car for 5k, you will have to spend more anyway to get it up to decent shape.... So if the 5k is a push, why not wait a bit, a)they will be cheaper b) your insurance be cheaper c) you will have some driving experience.... however please feel free to hang around and get more info :)

Guest damo-eire

Hi all, This is my first post also..

But lucky me just got a Clean TT for €3450 in Ireland

So keep looking and you'll find your dream car

Good luck

hi and welcome. I found it a real struggle to get covered on my uk car untill i was 25. (i was 24 at the time) i did get adrian flux to cover me though. nobody else would.

i would double check the quote also... they regulary quote the wrong car. They more than often put it down as a mkIII. Dont forget if your not insured 100% correctly you wont get anything if you crash (which your quite likely to do. I dont think i know anyone who has never crashed a car :p).

Guest Dan_griffin11

all been sorted not guys! Had to increase the budget, but still happy! Guigsy, when was this, all the quotes i've had have been expensive, but not rediculous, i don't know whether its my postcode or whether the car is 15+ years old

I wouldnt worry too much about the mileage. if your clued up on the Supra, and it sounds like you have been doing your homework, you will know that come the apocolypse, the only things that will survive will be cocroaches and the 3.0l Supra engine! ;)

The thing really is a machining masterpiece. Just check for good service history, and do the normal checks as you would with any other car and you'll be fine. If your going for a Turbo be sure it hasnt been ragged (you'll avoid that headache if you purchase on here as alot of our members take good care of their Supe's)

Good Luck with the search. :D