The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tribute to AlanM - Knockhill 10th Oct

Geo

In Recent sad news of AlanM passing away, this day will now be a Tribute day for AlanM, im urging all Scottish members to try and be there, so we can make a good tribute for the Big Man. It will still be going ahead as a trackday, but more of a tribute to Alan.

LAP OF HONOUR FOR ALANM AT THE LUNCH TIME BREAK GUYS IF YOU WANT TO BE INVOLVED, PLEASE BE THERE FOR ABOUT 11.45AM TO MAKE SURE YOUR ON TIME THANKS

Please Guys try and make it. Cheers

http://trackdays.knockhill.com/car-trackdays.php

1. Geo (Any date)

PRICE IS £50(for club members) - This is for all day Sessions 9am-5pm So you will have loads of track time

PLEASE BOOK ASAP. WE WILL ALL BE IN THE SAME SESSION, GOING ROUND THE TRACK TOGETHER CLICK THE LINK ABOVE AND BOOK TRACK TIME

USE 01383 723337(OPTION 2) Speak to Amanda Quoting MKIVSUPRA.NET CLUB SHE KNOWS ALL ABOUT IT

Passengers are £5 for all day with the driver

Helmet Hire £1 per session or £5(all day)

Spectators £8(on the day) £6 online

Hot Hatch Car Trackday

Sun 10th October - 9am - 5pm

Our Hot Hatch Trackday gives you an ideal opportunity to test the full capabilities of your car around the twists and dips of the Knockhill Circuit. Hot Hatch days are for both Road and Track car running in alternative sessions throughout the day. Like-minded enthusiasts will give you a warm reception and the Knockhill track will offer an exciting and exilarating day out.

Start/FinishTimes: Hot Hatch days normally run from 9am till 5pm. In winter months times can be amended as daylight saving becomes an issue.

Circuit Entry: Gates will open at 8am. All cars participating in a Hot Hatch Trackdays are advised to purchase there entry ticket in advance.

Registration: Takes place in the Media Centre (next to Kinnaird Restaurant). Drivers and additional drivers will have to sign-on here before being allowed out on track. All passengers will sign on in the Helmet Store. Drivers can now download the registration form and bring it with them on the day to save time. DOWNLOAD REGISTRATION FORM HERE.

Drivers Licence: All drivers/additional drivers must have a full VALID UK drivers licence. Licences must be shown at sign-on. PLEASE NOTE: NO LICENCE = NO DRIVING! Please also note that DVLA licence checks (subject to DVLA opening hours) can be arranged on the day but will be subject to a £10.00 administration charge.

Safety Briefing: All drivers/additional drivers must attend the safety briefing. Those that don’t attend will not be allowed onto the circuit. Briefings will start at approximately 8.45am so please ensure you leave ample time to arrive and register at the circuit.

Helmets: Both drivers and passengers must wear a full crash helmet when driving on track. You can bring your own or helmets are available for hire at the circuit

Noise Limit: Knockhill Racing Circuit has a noise limit of 105db

Sessions: A Hot Hatch Trackday will run in sessions usually numbered 1 - 5. Sessions will run alternatively throughout the day with a maximum of 30 cars in each session.

Parking: Cars must park in the main paddock area in their designated session group. Groups will then be called to the holding area to go on track. Drivers will wait in this area before a marshal calls you forward into the pitlane, from here you’ll proceed on track when instructed by the light signals at the end of the pit lane.

Basic Checklist: No oil, fuel or any other fluid leaks, ensure vehicle has all wheel nuts, brake lights must work (cars with no brake lights cannot go on track), battery must be secured properly, seat belt mounting must be secure, seat must be secure and please remove any old scrutineering stickers.

Exclusions: Cars must have a valid MOT or pass a Knockhill Scruiteneering Check. No race cars are allowed out on a Hot Hatch trackday.

Edited by Geo (see edit history)

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been wanting to do a track day in mine for ages, they do a performance driving course in your own car too, as I've never driven on a track I'd be wanting to do that first.

I should probably get my electrics sorted first too, I can live without abs and traction control for now but no power steering would be hard work on a track haha

I used to do the odd hot marques nights in my modded SX - much better at those kinda sessions than hot hatch if you want to avoid neds in corsas that don't give two shits about their cars and will happily hang you out to dry on a corner. Hot marques is more relaxed with only more unique cars including Ferraris & Porches as well as the performance Jap and other European stuff on track and rules around overtaking to avoid collision as much as possible. You could always be a numpty and stack it at dufus though! :D

Would love to go but not sure the Alfa would be much cop on track being a scrabbler with a measly ~ 210bhp.

Guys we wont make the 7th September i think its short notice for the HOT MARQUES day cars valued 15k+ only.

Now i know we dont want all the Neds Etc but the only Option is the 12th Sep or 10th Oct both on a Sunday.

Anyone got any veiws on this???

P.s The dufus corner, im taking my bumper off if im allowed??

Hot marques says 15k+ but in reality it just means no neds in corsas lol. My SX must've been worth £2k on the face of it at the time but they had no probs with me and a bunch of the SXOC guys joining the sessions.

Your bumper should be OK, just don't go off the track ;)

Last time I did this my bumper got a hammering coming out of Dufus before carlube, it always grounded out on the left side and was a bit annoying to say the least. I would possibly be up for this depending on dates and How Eve is doing.