The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Auto lever lights

Supranature

I've searched and not had a conclusive answer :p

My blue dash conversion is somewhat let down by the rainbow of the auto lever illumination, so I want to rectify this.;)

Searching has revealed that the PRND is lit up by just the one bulb, so obviously replacing this with a blue one is only job half-done, as the console PRND is obviouysly coloured.

Has anyone sorted this, and how?:search:

What I actually want is PR in red,N in white and the rest blue, which carries on the theme of the rest of the dash.

Hecklers guide does not mention this.

This was inconclusive http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=200134&highlight=auto+lever

Edited by Supranature (see edit history)

I'm not saying it isnt, because i havent looked :) But if those letters are only lit up by one bulb, why does the D on mine not light up but the rest do?

TBH Christian, you actually posted in a thread that came up in a search :)

I thought it strange that all that is lit by just one bulb, but it is :search:

I did comment on your "look at my interior" thread the other week, and pointed out that yours, like mine, would benefit from the PRN lights matching the rest.

It does seem odd that Hecklers guide doesn't mention this, yet it shows you how to change the light around the key :(

Yeah i remenber you commenting on it mate. Its strange how it really doesnt bother me about those lights and i'm normally a picky sod about things like that, especially after getting the dials and led conversion done. Perhaops its because the d on mine doesnt light up so i never see it as being a different colour :)

Yeah i remenber you commenting on it mate. Its strange how it really doesnt bother me about those lights and i'm normally a picky sod about things like that, especially after getting the dials and led conversion done. Perhaops its because the d on mine doesnt light up so i never see it as being a different colour :)

And therin is an easy solution to my problem :D

However, I'm a fussy git :p

My d in the cluster doesn't work ether. I came to the odd conclusion it wasn't supposed to. My lights on the gear surround don't work which is a bit annoying.

D in the cluster is supposed to light up green, old supra did, this one never has :)

Ditto. All others bar 'D'

Nope, there is only one buld on the entire shifter.

Actually there may be one under the manu button because I have seen some people have this lit up, mine is not lit and I haven't looked that side. For the shifter though its one bulb with a green condom on it, I put a blue LEG in but as usual with LEDs the light is crap, to directional. Like when you put LEDs in your dials and they look crap, put a bulb in and its loads brighter.

Edited by jackso11 (see edit history)

Thanks for the input guys, however reading back my original post, it is a tad confusing :(

Its the illumination around the shifter which is bugging me, which has one single bulb performing the light show. I want rid of the green and orange........yeuch with a blue dash. I can live with the green in the cluster, but now you mention it...................

My d in the cluster doesn't work ether. I came to the odd conclusion it wasn't supposed to. My lights on the gear surround don't work which is a bit annoying.

The cluster "D" is green on mine, and the gear surround will just be the bulb, 5 minute job (allegedly)

It seems that merely changing to a blue LED here does not give the desired effect, as jackso has said.

So, can the yeuchy colours around the shifter be changed to whatever, and how :search:

Where's Heckler.............

Thanks for the input guys, however reading back my original post, it is a tad confusing :(

Its the illumination around the shifter which is bugging me, which has one single bulb performing the light show. I want rid of the green and orange........yeuch with a blue dash. I can live with the green in the cluster, but now you mention it...................

The cluster "D" is green on mine, and the gear surround will just be the bulb, 5 minute job (allegedly)

It seems that merely changing to a blue LED here does not give the desired effect, as jackso has said.

So, can the yeuchy colours around the shifter be changed to whatever, and how :search:

Where's Heckler.............

Right, on the shifter, it's one bulb which lights up all the positions. The colours are done by coloured filters. I guess you could change them, but without looking it's hard to say. The cluster is done by individual bulbs, which can be changed for LEDs

when you are talking about the cluster, do you mean the dials in the dash? or are you refering to teh shifter section with D12NRP?

Cluster=dash.

Did you ever get yours sorted, as in the thread I asked you about?

Heckler, thanks for replying to my PM, I shall endeavour to get at the "filters" soon as and attempt removal.

I assune once they're gone it leaves the PRN etc in a clear colour. Glass paint can then be used...............Hmm:eyebrows:

(Glass paint is what they use in lead-lighting-available at any DIY store in loads of colours)