The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Interior leather gaiters - where from?

Jamesy

PMSL! What is going on with that gaitor on the auto shifter? Looks like it was meant for a manual but he chucked it on the auto anyway!

the-tuning-shop-team on Ebay do some really nice quality gaitors, very affordable too! I used a black leather handbrake one for my Supra and I have a black leather one with red stitch for the handbrake in my Corolla!

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/the-tuning-shop-team

I got myself some of THESE ONES off Ebay. A nice improvement to my old ones.

Just a bit of a mare to fit with the stupid plastic 'ring' thing that the standard gaiter is clamped down with (which uses plastic welds). There is no other way to get it out other than snapping the welds. So putting it back together requires, in my case ... superglue :p

Cheers, J

So can u just use a manual gear gaiter on an auto - is it the same size hole?

That's basically what that guy has done, I don't think they make an auto gaitor, you'll probably be able to tuck the bottom edges of the gaitor away and the cable tie it at the "neck" to keep it uniform looking. Make sure there's enough slack in the gaitor to allow the full throw of the auto shifter :)

That's basically what that guy has done, I don't think they make an auto gaitor, you'll probably be able to tuck the bottom edges of the gaitor away and the cable tie it at the "neck" to keep it uniform looking. Make sure there's enough slack in the gaitor to allow the full throw of the auto shifter :)

ok thanx mate - so the size of the base on the auto and manual is the same is it?

might get one to try it - ebay the best place for the gear gaitor then? :)