The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Removal of rear Supra badge and Toyota badge

TonytotheB

I just used a round topped flexible butter knife to do it. Stuck it behind the badge to cut through the glue.

Then used sticky stuff remover to get rid of the chunks of left over sticky. :)

There might be an easier way but this only took me 5 mins to do!

Make sure its thin,flexible,blunt and round topped (bit like Martin :innocent:) so it doesn't dig into the paint or scratch it.

Pour some hot water over the badge to warm the glue. Use fishing line behind the badge to peel it off, if your lucky this should bring most of the glue off with it. You would be best to keep pouring some hot water over as you do it to keep it soft. Give the area a good clay to remove any remaining deposits. Machine polish if you are able to, if not polish by hand, then apply a wax or sealant.

Job done :)

You need old credit card or similar & tin of lighter fluid

De Badge:

1. Wash car, paying particular attention to the badges, using a jet wash if you have one. The better a job you do, the less chance you will have of scratching your car.

2. Pour petrol on the badge you are about to remove.

3. Slide the card carefully under the badge.

4. Once all the badges are removed, go back and get rid of any stich stuff. This can be done with more petrol and more card action!

5. Once you're badgeless, go over the area with T Cut to remove any scratches you have made.

Just the butter knife

Simlar shape to this:

http://lapelpinplanet.com/media2/img/catalog/CC122-Butter_Knife.jpg

It was flexible engough to bend so it was flat againt the paintwork and had a rounded end so it didn't cut the paintwork or dig in.

And be careful! ;)

Or use Stonkin's way ^^

Edited by Sakey
Too Slow (see edit history)

De Badge:

1. Wash car, paying particular attention to the badges, using a jet wash if you have one. The better a job you do, the less chance you will have of scratching your car.

4. Once all the badges are removed, go back and get rid of any stich stuff. This can be done with more petrol and more card action!

5. Once you're badgeless, go over the area with T Cut to remove any scratches you have made.

Sounds very harsh technique and abrasive , I wouldnt recommend putting petrol near your paint

Thanks for the tip though

De Badge:

I wouldnt say this method would be the best way to care for your paintwork.

The easiest and quickest way to remove the sticky badges, is to warm the area up with a hair dryer and get a credit card under one corner and use the hair dryer to keep the glue warm, and it comes off really easily. :)

Here's a quick iPhone photo of my rear for your delectation. ;)

attachment.php?attachmentid=115781&d=1282647472

photo.jpg

^ that looks a lot nicer than most I've seen, I was beginning to grow a hatred for these 'likwidart' badges... Perhaps it's cause it's on a black supra, but it does look good. :thumbs:

Still prefer my gunmetal badge that goes with the inserts on my facelift rear lights though :p

^ that looks a lot nicer than most I've seen, I was beginning to grow a hatred for these 'likwidart' badges... Perhaps it's cause it's on a black supra, but it does look good. :thumbs:

Still prefer my gunmetal badge that goes with the inserts on my facelift rear lights though :p

Any Pics? please ;) (gunmetal badge)

Not a hugh fan of 'likwidart' but I do like the Supra written in it

Sorry just answering my own Q, that I like, where dod you get it?

Who are you asking? If it was me, then I got mine from a group buy on here years ago, but you can buy them from http://www.likwidart.com themselves. :)

Thanks for the tips guys... one more question, what glue is best for putting the new ones back on? :p Lol

The Likwidart badges come with sticky backs, so no need to concern yourself with that, unless you were just trying to be funny! :D

And me, I got it from Paul whiffin for £12 iirc, it comes with the sticky backing. Remember when you remove the one you have it has 3 prongs going into the boot, not just glue. It shouldn't make too much of a difference when removed though.

I take it, the emblem is not OEM

Mailed Paul yesterday no reply, doesnt seem to be around these days :(