The mkiv Supra Owners Club

anybody here sell aero roof rubbers

MizTheWiz

Hi I'm looking for some aero roof rubbers have PMed a couple of traders on here but have had no reply

63251-14050 WEATHERSTRIP,REMOVABLE ROOF,FRONT

63252-14020 WEATHERSTRIP,REMOVABLE ROOF,REAR

62383-14030 WEATHERSTRIP,ROOF SIDE RAIL,LH

62384-14030 WEATHERSTRIP,ROOF SIDE RAIL,RH

63217-14030-C0 MOULDING,REMOVABLE ROOF,RH

63218-14020-C0 MOULDING,REMOVABLE ROOF,LH

How much for a full set? Is what i have listed a full set? I have found these numbers through search but not 100% sure if this is a full set or not lol. Fed up with a free shower every time it rains .

Please help want to get sorted before winter. if no luck it will have to be a trip to Mr T to see if they can help.....

You'll be struggling to find any breakers or parts cars with those available, aero parts are about as rare as parts get :(

Try the usual traders but I don't think any have had them recently.

If you want good condition it'd be best to buy new but it will cost a good few pennies for some of those parts (I'm in the same boat!)

You'll be struggling to find any breakers or parts cars with those available, aero parts are about as rare as parts get :(

Try the usual traders but I don't think any have had them recently.

If you want good condition it'd be best to buy new but it will cost a good few pennies for some of those parts (I'm in the same boat!)

I know what you mean i am after new. i have PMed traders but no replies. Then someone suggested NIC but i haven't seen him around for a while. Thought i would post in general for any ideas on how or where to get them.....

I expect that you have tried this. I had the same problem when I first got mine so I silicone sprayed them and worked it into the rubbers with a soft cloth every two or three days for about a month, always replacing the roof in the tightening order specified by Toyota.

The roof no longer leaks, no matter how hard it rains or when I'm cleaning it (I don't use a jet wash though-so that might find it's way in if you use one).

I now silacone the rubbers once every other week, and so far, about 8 months, not one drop of water has got in, dispite the awful weather.

As I said, I expect you have done this but thought it might help to know it can be successful if done diligently.

Good luck with finding the rubbers new, can't really help with that, although you might have better luck looking over the pond as the majority of theirs were aero.

I know what you mean i am after new. i have PMed traders but no replies. Then someone suggested NIC but i haven't seen him around for a while. Thought i would post in general for any ideas on how or where to get them.....

Not had much internet time recently, sorry I'm not trading at the moment.

Go to your local Toyota dealers with the above part numbers they should be able to order for you.

There are a few places in the US that sell them. I got a set from a guy on the US supraforums site who bought them all new and then sold the car without fitting them. Not going to fit them though until I get my respray done :)

Looking at the new ones I reckon the thing that goes is the adhisive and if you took the old ones off and cleaned them up, aplied them with new sealer, they would probable be as good as new anyway. The new ones have a sticky strip on them.