The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nicest exhaust

potvolkoffie69

It's a very subjective thing on which is "best". What are you looking for in terms of noise levels, is it used on the track/road, do you do a lot of motorway dirving, how long do you want it to last, how light do you need it, etc?

There will be a lot of replies with people saying whatever they bought is the best one, but it's all down to what you want from the car and how you use it.

I think exhaust preference is a really personal thing and as Homer says it is subjective and depends what your requirements are. When I bought my NA I couldnt decide wether to buy a cheapie from Ebay or to buy a known brand. I decided in the end as I knew I was going to keep the car for a few years to have one built for the car by Blueflame. They came highly recommended by a trusted friend who has owned a string of TVRs. TVRs left the factory with Blueflame exhausts as do Bentleys.

I spent a day at their works and the attention to detail and the keeness to give me a tone and look that I wanted while maintaining an improvement on performance over the stock exhaust was impressive. Five years on and it still sounds and looks great, and the best part is that is has a lifetime warranty while its on the car. It cost at the time around £500 and that included losing the second cat. I realise that for you in Belgium, visiting them is probably not a realistic option, but if you call them they may now do one off the shelf. At the time I had mine done by them they would only do bespoke for the MKiv NA but they said it was a model they intended to cater for from stock in the future. The one I have sounds nice and low with just a rumble and then when flooring it it's not too loud as I didnt want loads of noise in the car as I do loads of motorway miles, but its louder than stock and has a nice level of 'roar'. When I need one the for my TT, I will certainly be going back.

Edited by Shane (see edit history)