The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Singled Supra's and MOTs

CarlT67

Cheers chaps I think I'll risk it then,

Another single that passed its emitions test first time. Its down to the age of the car. mines a 94 and the chassis number for the 94 is not on the MOT database so they can put it through as a standard non cat car. Passes fine that way :)

Mine is also a 94 so should be all good then :)

Being an ex MOT tester even on my J spec aerotop we could find the engine code straight away, you need a tester who is not too good for looking for the codes, I do not think you can rock up anywhere and pass in a single car with no cats at a staion where you do not know them.

The stations operate on a points system, everytime they do something wrong/miss something the ministry allocate points, get to a certain amount and the MOT license is taken away from them, the ministry do a lot of 'undercover' tests now so stations are very wary !!!!!

Another single that passed its emitions test first time. Its down to the age of the car. mines a 94 and the chassis number for the 94 is not on the MOT database so they can put it through as a standard non cat car. Passes fine that way :)

its the engine code and it is on the data base :(

Any single should always have perfect emissions.. Its not like they run rich is it?? lol

If there's no CAT's in, then there's nothing to convert all the harmful particles thaat comes out of the engine before they come out of the pipe. It's not about being single turbo, it's about not having CAT's.

If you can get through the test on a technicality like others a few others can, then great, but if not, you'll have to put a CAT back in for the test.

Being an ex MOT tester even on my J spec aerotop we could find the engine code straight away, you need a tester who is not too good for looking for the codes, I do not think you can rock up anywhere and pass in a single car with no cats at a staion where you do not know them.

The stations operate on a points system, everytime they do something wrong/miss something the ministry allocate points, get to a certain amount and the MOT license is taken away from them, the ministry do a lot of 'undercover' tests now so stations are very wary !!!!!

Do you chaps at AFR do MOTs then...? :D

If there's no CAT's in, then there's nothing to convert all the harmful particles thaat comes out of the engine before they come out of the pipe. It's not about being single turbo, it's about not having CAT's.

If you can get through the test on a technicality like others a few others can, then great, but if not, you'll have to put a CAT back in for the test.

Are you for real?? I'm an mot tester and was being a little sarcastic:rolleyes: Thanks for the advice though Matt I'll carry it to the grave:D