The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Screw water injection try this! Ive seen it work!!!

TRD3000GT

OK,

I was a firm beleiver in water injection kits.... Aqua mist etc etc . But to be honest the kits were prone to faliure! All the time.

Sure they have revised them but its still a dody unit.

I saw this method being used in Florida heats instead of water injection and ift worked SO well.

The guy had a cryo freezer on his fuel line and before the intake manifold.

Have a look at these units.

The CryO² Air Intake consists of an aerodynamically designed bulb with a cryogenic chamber which is mounted in a 4" segment of air tube. The air passes over the bulb, heat is removed from the air charge resulting in a colder, denser, more powerful charge. Dyno testing showed a reduction in intake air temperature of more than 50 degrees. The CryO² Air Intake can be used on turbocharged, supercharged or naturally aspirated applications. Multiple units can be used for colder results. Installs in minutes and comes with silicone connection sleeve, hose clamps and connection / vent hose.

http://www.designengineering.com/images/products/064%20CryO2%20Air%20Intake%20300.jpg

The CryO² Fuel Bar is a billet aluminum extension to the fuel line with a cryogenic chamber. The bar is charged with liquid Co² and freezes to -80 degrees f. Heat is removed from the fuel as it passes through resulting in a colder fuel charge. The CryO² Fuel Bar comes in -6AN and -10AN (can be reduced for -8AN) fuel line size. Four cryo-ports allow versatility of installation. Comes complete with vent plug, cryo-port plugs and connection/vent hose. The CryO² Fuel Bar can be used alone or in conjunction with other Co² components. It comes either anodized or polished with engraved DEI flame logo.

http://www.designengineering.com/images/products/065%20CryO2%20FuelBar%20300.jpg

Units can be purchased at.

http://www.designengineering.com/products.asp

Condensation could be an issue if air was not moving so quickly!

But the velicity of air moving through it would just kind of fog up.

LITERALLY

And that would be fine. It would be cold air and have water in it. So you would get the best from both worlds.

Water injection and cold air.

:baa:

I was talking to someone about these and the fuel rail system works well and he has removed his water injection becasue the fuel is so cold it does not need water to cool down things.

Originally posted by dangerous brain

So could you use one of these instead of a massive great intercooler?? Obviously you would need shares in CO2 gas firm lol.

Actually yes, CO2 is ver cheap.

Would cost a couple of quid to fill the bottle

But you could only use the car with a big single and this till the gas ran out :-)

So a gas stop every few minutes

:stupid:

most intercooler pipng is 3 inches.

And sometimes 4 "

but thses guys can make a custom 5" and it would be the same flow.

Its like aero dynamic man!

The bulb is actually the ony bit of the unit and can be modified to other pipes.

Im sure if there is enough interest we could get them to make a very good one for us

:zzz:

Originally posted by TRD3000GT

but why would you have it turned on then?

:conf:

A) Beacuse I'm a TWAT and would forget to turn it off!

B) I didn't read the details and didn't know you could do that:D

That said, it wouldnt take long (couple of seconds) to ice the pipe up if you weren't gunning it.

EDITED to say: it doesn't say it comes with a switch though:conf:

Originally posted by attilauk

couldn't you just wire up an airflow meter to a solenoid to turn the system on and off therefore eliminating the numpty factor:)

Yeah, but if you were a numpty you wouldn't have thought of that, or know how to do it. But seeing as you would be pretty thick, you would probably pay someone alot of money to do it for you:p

That or a presssure switch would suffice. 24VDC signal switching the system on a solenoid.:p

I was being pedantic really, I'm sure they must cater for turning it on/off, it so simple they probably haven't bothered to mention it (although I would have):baa:

I just sent this thread to a thermodynamics engineer pal, who doesn't want to get directly involved, but he actually rang me laughing his head off. I didn't think the set up looked as if it cool a fast moving 3 inch column of hot air, of considerable flow, and he reckons it's a joke. But he may be totally wrong.... ;)

A brief read of conductivity and convection theory should show whether he's an idiot or right :innocent:

Originally posted by Chris Wilson

I just sent this thread to a thermodynamics engineer pal, who doesn't want to get directly involved, but he actually rang me laughing his head off. I didn't think the set up looked as if it cool a fast moving 3 inch column of hot air, of considerable flow, and he reckons it's a joke. But he may be totally wrong.... ;)

A brief read of conductivity and convection theory should show whether he's an idiot or right :innocent:

They reccomend 3 bits chris , the air intake cooler (not sure on this one) the fuel cooler (this has long been done on racers in the states with dry ice and is proved to work) and a big circular bar that cools the IC( this has to work better than the Meth sprays) , the system is modular so you can add more of one item etc , the guy who i spoke to said it cools to around - 135 , im thinking of trying a kit with the fuel and IC cooler as everyone knows this works and you can have it activated via boost or throttle or both .

Dude:flame Dev