The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello everyone

Little Matt

Hi all,

I'm Matt and have had a keen interest in the Jap scene since I got my RX7 when I turned 19 three and a half years ago.

Since then I have my interest has grown and grown as well as my knowledge and practical experience to the point where I am taking a course to go as far as one car with cars and auto-development in the form of a masters degree in Motorsport Engineering.

I have also almost accidentally formed my company TJZ Engineering which has all come from my need for spare parts for my car a JZX90 Chaser...one of only perhaps 35 in the country. This number is growing by a couple of year as people start to realise the potential of these cars, they are fantastic.

From initially thinking of importing one JZX90 to update worn parts on mine I have stumbled onto the realisation that with my experience in importing cars from Japan and contacts in the shipping world it's a small step to import a container of parts.

As I'm sure many of you are aware this has had a bit of a U-Turn recently with a change of supplier to one I can put my trust in 100% and feel happier about the quality of parts that I will receive. This though has cost me the ability to provide V160 gearboxes.

I will be responding to comments on the thread that has popped up about me and my company and I hope that I get to meet some of you at JAE next month.

I've signed up on here because I was linked to the forum from Driftworks and feel I need to be on here to be able to communicate directly with people. It's my understanding that I have been talked about by the moderators which is why my account took a week to be activated.

Anyway...I'm here now as a member and to represent my company.

Thanks for the welcome.

You may want to have a read of the trader rules. They are quite specific about how traders need to work on here, and also pretty clear on what happens if somebody goes around the rules.

If you have an interest in Supras then welcome aboard, but if you are here just to tout for business then you may want to think about whether this is the right place for you.

I most certainly have an interest in Supras. I love them...I'm as close to owning as I possible can at the mo with the JZX90 due to insurance on a turbo Supra for some reason still been £3000 even though the JZX90 is £1000 and an RX7 is £500. Insurance eh??? Can't live with it and can't live without it.

I plan on doing an NA-T Supra next year through the summer. I want to test to see what can and what can't be done with the NA-T and see how far it can be pushed.

I will confess...I've not read the trader rules. I have been talking in length with one of the moderators about his car and as such felt that that was enough and he ok'd me been on here under my company name.