The mkiv Supra Owners Club

wideband......so important??????

Bailey.

About to order a greddy profec b spec 2 and thought while im at it is it worth buying a aem wideband and get it all fitted up at the same time. the car is at bpu but the reason im buying a controller is because i am using the silencer in my nur spec exhaust as it is soooo bloody loud without, but oviously is restricting boost back to 0.8 bar, my worry is this, the car has a blitz ecu fitted and i am unsure how/what it is mapped to, and have few concerns about running lean etc!!! is it a worthy upgrade????

Its useless tywrapped to the bulkhead!! But its a turbos off job to drill it just so you can get all the swarf out

Not entirely true, lots have them fitted without removing anything, if you drill and tap while it's running and your careful the swarf should be blown out ;)

Another option is install after the turbos, even that is better than nothing, just remember there's approx 200degC difference, plus the response will be lazy/slow in comparison to one mounted in a runner.

Edited by Wez (see edit history)

Not entirely true, lots have them fitted without removing anything, if you drill and tap while it's running and your careful the swarf should be blown out ;)

Another option is install after the turbos, even that is better than nothing, just remember there's approx 200degC difference, plus the response will be lazy/slow in comparison to one mounted in a runner.

And if the tip comes off the sensor it doesn't go thru the turbos.