The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JSpec Exhaust Housing

SaqTRD

Hi guys,

As some of you may know, i'm in the process of getting my turbos rebuild by Whifbitz. However, i took off the turbos to examine the damage and it seems that first turbo's exhaust housing the famous hairline crack in it.

Now i dont really want to put it back on like that as i'm getting new turbo cartridges fitted. My question is, where can I get one of these housing and does the second turbos housing fit the 1st?

Does anyone have a housing laying about that they would be willing to sell?

Saq

1st and 2nd housing are different and not interchangeable. Toyota do not sell the housings separately.

Your options are:

1. Get them welded - they will likely crack again due to the heat cycles they go through.

2. Find a housing that isn't cracked - difficult because the vast majority I've seen are cracked.

3. Fit them as they are - it will not effect performance.

4. Buy new turbos from Toyota - expensive.