The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Free HKS Drag series spot tomorrow!!

Homer

Had a call from a forum member who's car isn't going to be ready for the HKS Drag series tomorrow, he is offering his spot for free.

All you need is a crash helmet and a license to run. Need to be at pod by 8am to sign on with the racing starting at 11.

Please PM me if you're interested in taking this. Only bother if you are 100% certain to be there and run!

Dude you can't take someones place in the HKS series, you need a race license entry etc etc, I could use someone elses car to run because im entered but don't have a car to take, if I was up in the points I would have asked to use someones car to turn up and qulify so as to not lose too many points.

As a matter of interest is this car a 6spd in white with a T88, if so it would never have been allowed to run and IMO is downright dangerous the way it has been prepared, the car will need about 4K thrown at it just to make scrutineering.

In short you cannot turn up and take someone elses place if so someone take mine I have no car !!!!:(

As a matter of interest is this car a 6spd in white with a T88, if so it would never have been allowed to run and IMO is downright dangerous the way it has been prepared, the car will need about 4K thrown at it just to make scrutineering.

What's the script with the car?

Guest Leadfoot

Clearly I seem to have agitated a couple of you!!!

I was actually offering the HKS Acadamy place - 1 of 12 which is not the same as the RWUB. If you check out the schedule you will see they have their own slot so no waiting around.

Santapod are aware of my situation so I just thought somone may like to use it as it came with 2 entrance tickets.

Hey.... as for the car being dangerous.... It has a full and LEGAL MOT. Your opinion is on a car that had clearly not been finished.

I must say though...... this is supposed to be a friendy site - thats why I was offering the tickets. Don't think your tone sits well!

No offence taken though mate..... each to their own!!!

Edited by Leadfoot (see edit history)

Clearly I seem to have agitated a couple of you!!!

I was actually offering the HKS Acadamy place - 1 of 12 which is not the same as the RWUB. If you check out the schedule you will see they have their own slot so no waiting around.

Santapod are aware of my situation so I just thought somone may like to use it as it came with 2 entrance tickets.

Hey.... as for the car being dangerous.... It has a full and LEGAL MOT. Your opinion is on a car that had clearly not been finished.

I must say though...... this is supposed to be a friendy site - thats why I was offering the tickets. Don't think your tone sits well!

No offence taken though mate..... each to their own!!!

Who issued an MOT certificate on a car with the brake pipe brazed together, I wonder what else they missed, mate you need to check a few things on that car if you didn't build it, if you did build it stick to stuff that is not life threatening, that is the worst line lock/brake modification I have seen in many a year and draping a throttle cable over the hotside of the turbo with some heatproof silicone is an exceptional idea, quite amusing when it burns thru and sticks on WOT with a T88. Quite what else would be found on inspection I hate to think but badly built as it is it will still have the potential to be a fast car, a fast car that will quite possibly kill someone.................like one of my daughters driving home from work.

Its still a RWYB mate, anybody can run.

All HKS drag series events are now held at run what you brung meets, so anyone can run but not in the HKS series, each time the HKS cars run the track is re glued etc and the 60 ft prepped, that prepping doesn't last for too long;)

Guest Leadfoot

Thanks for your advice mate..... Am actually off to see the guys that have the car today so will discuss your points with them. I haven't seen the car myself for about 4 weeks so can't make any comments yet! Lets hope these issues have been sorted since you saw it!!!

Your daughters are safe - car only intended for track use now!!!