The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fitz Event - Part III (Ideas and Suggestions)

Fitz

Which Route Do You Prefer  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which Route Do You Prefer

• Route A
    • Route B
    • Either - Lets Drive

Following on from the previous successful 'Fitz Events' I am thinking of organising a third and maybe final run (as nearly all great things came in Trilogies :)). However, I haven't given it much thought as to when or where?

Ideally I would like it to be this year as next year we as a club have a fair few events due to it being our 10 year anniversary. So far our previous events have taken us from;

Part I - London to Brighton to AFR

Part II - London to Goodwood to Portsmouth

So Far Scott (Scottc998) has compiled 2 routes based on your suggestions, So I would like members to vote for their preferred choice. Please See Below:

Here is the route I would suggest if you want to end up in Eastbourne.

Route A Click Here

This route runs right over the South Downs. There are lots of places to stop along the way car parks and pubs (for a photo opportunity) with some nice views from the road. I chose the Harbour as a finishing point, there're a few places to grab something to eat over looking the marina and bags of parking.

Or you could bypass Brighton completely and carry on along the motorway and then cut across to get on the Downs.

Route B Click Here

So this thread is to generally see if many members would like to come along on another 'Fitz Event' and if so, does anyone have any places that they may have been to that would make a good drive to/from.

London generally seems to be the starting place for the events but if an idea that is suggested seems to be popular then we won't have to limit the start to London (Dorking).

As I always say all are welcome new members, older members, N/A's, TT's and Singles. It's all about getting to know/catch up with members and have a great day out sharing the passion we have for our cars.

Hopefuly, the enthusiasm is still there and we have some good ideas. Cheers Guys/Gals

Links to the previous Events can be found below:

Fitz Event Part I - Pre-Southcoast Run

Fitz Event Part I - Post Southcoast Run

Fitz Event Part II - Pre Event

Fitz Event Part II - Post Event

I'm unable to locate a 'Post Part II' thread but there is a great video by Scott (Scottc998) of the second one.

5QGz0lw95bg

Edited by Fitz (see edit history)

Cool

Beaulieu motor museum for a finish point is my suggestion.

That's just past Southampton right? Near the New Forest National Park IIRC?

How about starting at Southend, driving up the east cost ending at Clacton or Frinton? I have a thread on here somewhere listing the route.

Sounds Good, maybe a meeting point first at a services on the M25? For those who come from closer to London.

Enjoyed the part II event. How about we head the other way this time, eastbourne area?

Another Good Suggestion, could possibly then drive on to Hastings, dependant on peoples views.

I dont mind driving through hastings, its stopping im not keen on. Is there anything down that road with the hair-pin? thats good for coffee and photos?

There are a few pubs, Rye and Sumo Power.

That's just past Southampton right? Near the New Forest National Park IIRC?

It's in the New Forest

Edited by ScottC (see edit history)

I'm up for meeting up, if you are going near Eastbourne, Hastings or Rye:)

Thats if nobody is embarrassed by a Nissan;)

Depends on what type of Nissan :p I may have to draw the line at a Micra.

But I may let a 350GT 'Pimp Style' attend :D

Indeed, it seems so far we will be heading in the eastern direction. Again, starting in Dorking we could travel out and meet people at a service station along the way. Will look into detail over the next few days about a 'final route' based on your ideas.

If you are looking for a fairly nice route you could go from Dorking to Camber Sands via Brighton. Nice cafe in Camber Sands and a nice sandy beach too. Parking can be lively in the summer months but sadly the summer has passed us by.

I can post up a route if you need one.